Crisis Core Reunion

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Good lord, the voice acting is atrocious. Why did they pay money for new voice acting when they already had all the voice acting done from the original PSP game? Why would they pay money for THESE voice actors. Zack sounds like a nasal nerd of the nth degree. Its so bad already, I'm struggling to even finish Chapter 1. The PSP game was already incredibly cheesy with the writing and dialogue, but it is way way worse now with these bad VA performances.

The graphics range from good to kind of bad. Some of the character textures are like muddy and flat? Not really sure how to describe it. I know this is basically a ported PSP game with some updated graphics thrown on top, but something about the character models just feels jarring at times especially when going back and forth from actual cutscenes to the in-game model so frequently at the beginning. Backgrounds and most enemies look great though.

Gameplay is good, they have made some decent improvements. I remember all the side Shinra missions you could do being a really long grind, but I've been having fun with those so far.

I would give the original PSP game a 6/10, maybe a 7/10. Nothing fantastic, but fun enough to play through at least once if you liked FF7. This remaster, for me, is really killed by the atrocious voice acting. I don't know if I can listen to the rest of the laughable dialogue that will be coming with these voices. I like the gameplay enough so maybe I will stomach it, but right now I really don't have a whole lot of interest in playing further.