Eddie Murphy is.... The Riddler?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
It's The Sun.

I dunno what the equivalent in the US would be, but it's the UK's biggest piece of shit tabloid. Eddy Murphy is not going to be The Riddler. They haven't even announced they're making Batman 3 yet. Reminds me of when everybodys piss got brought to the boil when the intertrons were all "ZOMG JOHNNY DEPP RIDDLARZ?!"

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I actually think Eddie Murphy would play an interesting Riddler. Shia can stay the fuck outta my batman though.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I hope they don't do the Riddler. I honestly can't think of a good way to portray him within the Nolan universe that wouldn't turn the whole thing into a big stinking pile of buffalo shit like the old movies.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I'm not overly familiar with the Batman universe, but if they aren't revisiting a villain used in earlier batman films then I'd like to see Hush or Clayface.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Well if only that fucking Heath Ledger was still alive.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
wow that picture of eddie murphy as the riddler made me lol.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
eddie-murphy-head-thumb-450x337.jpg

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I totally disagree Joe. I think the Riddler would be the best villain they could introduce. He'd certainly be more realistic than the Penguin or Mr. Freeze or most of the other Batman villains.

I really can't see them bringing Robin into this franchise at all.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
To be honest I don't know many Batman villains outside of the ones that have been in the movies, but they all sucked IMO. I think the only way they could do a good riddler would be if they made it kinda like Jim Carrey's performance in The Number 23. The movie wasn't any good, but Carrey's character, the really OCD numbers-obsessed dude, might be a good fit. Hell they could even get Carrey to be the Riddler again! Just as long as they stay away from the shitty-ass version from Forever.

Also, Nolan pretty much said straight out he's never bringing Robin into this series, thank god.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I was talking to some friends of mine when the Dark Knight came out about villains they should do next, and we all said Carrey redoing the Riddler would be awesome if he played it differently.

And you may think Batman villains suck, but honestly, outside of the X-Men, name a comic book hero who has cooler villains than Batman.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Ok. That's only one villain though. And I was thinking of him when I was making the previous post.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, most notable comic super villains come from Batman or X-Men. But there are a few good ones:

Doctor Octopus
Galactus
Carnage
Venom
Doctor Doom
Green Goblin / Hob Goblin
Lex Luthor
Darkseid

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah there are good ones here and there, but that proves my point. Aside from the X-Men, no comic book franchise has better villains than Batman.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Hell, they don't even have to use an established villain. The next movie could just be about Batman vs police, and also Batman vs freaks inspired by the Joker or something.