MASS EFFECT 3

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
MASS EFFECT 3! THERE'S ONLY ONE!

There are gonna be a lot of great games this year, but Mass Effect 3 is basically Ric Flair in this video, just putting down all the other games .

[video=youtube;iy-LQH8N6Ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy-LQH8N6Ug[/video]

Why you ask?

SHITLONDON.jpg

BECAUSE OF THE GOD DAMN FUCKIN REAPERS THAT'S WHY

They're coming to fuck your ass up and there pretty much ain't SHIT you can do about it.​

That is until they shoehorn in the deus ex machina ending that resolves the whole storyline in ten minutes, but who cares? It'll be awesome either way.

SO WHAT ARE YOUR HOPES FOR THIS GAME? Fanboyism aside, I assume most everybody that visits the boards frequently is at least sort of pumped for it.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i am pumped but a little concerned about the quick development time. at least i think its quick. i mean, didnt 2 come out last year. but yeah, pumped i most certainly am. not as pumped as i am for gow3 tho :p

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
First Arrival Screenshot

screenshot-106-p.jpg

Arrival is basically the last ME2 DLC and it most CERTAINLY will set the stage for ME3. Very little is known about the DLC in any concrete sense, but plenty can be inferred. The woman in the screenshot is probably Amanda Kenson, which is who the final Cerberus Daily News update deemed the first person to publicly say that the Mass Relays aren't of Prothean origin. It can be guessed that she discovers the truth behind the Reapers, and seeing as how a PSN trophy revealed that one of the objectives of the DLC is to rescue her, somebody probably doesn't like her having that knowledge.

Just who exactly, we don't know. Could it be the Council, the Alliance, or maybe a bunch of indoctrinated people being controlled by the Reapers!? Only time will tell!

What we do know is that the SHIT is about to hit the fan and it is 99% likely that this DLC will end with the Reapers descending down to kick Earth's ass.

cce6aa9e-c40c-4ae7-aebe-d7780d6fc009.gif

arrival.gif

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
My hopes for this game is that it blows me away like ME 2 did and there isn't a shitty ending such as Shepard sacrificing himself, or any of that chickenshit bullshit. Make it all connect properly, and give us a proper, kick ass ending.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
They said they'd release another Arrival screenshot tomorrow if it was retweeted 1,000 times. It's at about 1100.

New screenshot tomorrow!

ohboy.png

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
sheparddance.gif
sheparddance.gif
sheparddance.gif
sheparddance.gif
sheparddance.gif

[video=youtube;nkhgde1kUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkhgde1kUBE[/video]​

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Seriously, for those that are really into ME: How do you think this last DLC goes down, and how do you see ME 3 going down?

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
DO WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTT

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Lemme finish these two papers and I'll write my shit about mass effect 3!

IM PUMPED

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I think I'm going to bring my Xbox to my grandmother's house so I can hurry and finish my replay of ME1 so I can get to ME2 and know what the hell you guys are talking about!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
ME2 is easily one of the best games ever made.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'd say that, but I'm a huge fanboy.

Although, I'll say with confidence that Lair of the Shadow Broker is one of the best DLC packs ever in terms of pure awesome.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Easily. I mean, I was in the BONE ZONE when they announced that ME 3 would be modeled after Shadow Broker. By far my favorite segment of the game, and that's saying something.

Bronson, the best advice I can give to you, especially for ME 2, is to explore and do EVERY little thing. Talk to everyone, explore every planet, etc.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I'm making it a point to do every side mission in the first game in this playthrough. I plan on doing the same at least once in the next game too.

Should I bother with the ME1 DLC?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I'm making it a point to do every side mission in the first game in this playthrough. I plan on doing the same at least once in the next game too.

Should I bother with the ME1 DLC?

MEH. First DLC is ok, maybe an hour long mission, nothing too spectacular. I never even played the second one, heard mediocre things.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Yeah, and buy the game. Whether you realize it now or not, you'll go back and play it again. I played both a couple times over Christmas break because I needed to refresh myself on all the small details in the plot, and I wanted to make sure I had everything the way I wanted in order to port it to ME 3.