Upcoming Games Thread

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man. Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out in just over a month. I really, really wish I had enough money to buy a PS3 just for this game. It looks absolutely fantastic, and if you disagree I will shank you. There's a not-really-new new trailer out.

YouTube - NEW Metal Gear Solid 4 Trailer April 2008

It's mostly old footage, but there's some new stuff towards the end. Damn!

I guess there are some other games coming out too. GTAIV, for one. So like, talk about what games you want in here. I GUESS.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I've got GTA IV Special Edition pre-ordered. I'll be picking it up next week. It looks pretty good.

Also, I'm getting a kitty tomorrow.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I got The World Ends With You on Tuesday!

Um... it's really, really short. Like, seriously. I'm hoping there's more to play when I'm done.
You know how the plot is there are 7 days to complete 7 missions? Okay, I've played it for maybe 6 hours and I'm on mission 5.

It's pretty fun, though.
FYI, you don't have to control BOTH the screens. You can control the bottom screen, the top screen, or both, if you'd like.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man, if they're gonna charge you $40 for a DS game, they could at least make it a bit longer than that.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
It took me about 3 or 4 tries to understand what you wrote there.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
But yeah. SE could release shit in a box and it would sell millions.

Natalie

Monkeys killing monkeys
Nov 20, 2007
whats with japs and always drawing white people..
THEY jealousss!!

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
So! There's more to The World Ends With You.

Still probably not going to be worth 40 bucks. Luckily I got it for 30!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Cause if so it'd probably just be cheaper for me to import shit.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man, you know what I wish games would get rid of? Absurdly unrealistic character model physics. Newsflash: after people die, they do not suddenly become weightless. If you shoot somebody in the face with a pistol, they do not go flying. If you hit somebody with a car in reverse going no more than 20mph, they aren't gonna go flying 50 feet in the air, spinning and tumbling wildly, then landing and rolling on the ground for another 10 feet or so, limbs flailing wildly. I'm looking at you, GTA4 videos.

I'd like to see a game with a realistic character physics for once.