Utsusemi is God

D

Don Francisco

Read the title!

I was playing FFXI today. Still ninja level 11. Some decent challenge bee kicked my ass for no good reason so I had to go back to my homepoint at Al Zahbi. I used the taru to warp me to Jeuno but he warped me to Battalia Downs. Usually the coast is all clear, however when I HAPPEN to be on my 11 nin there happens to be a gob standing right there. Bam! 1-shotted. Anyway, I log and decide to try later. When I go back I remember how now lvl 75's are getting 15k/hr chaining T-VTs or whatever. So instead of going back to Konschtat and struggling against the DCs-EMs, I decide to stay in NGustaberg and chain EPs. I get to level 12 in under an hour. Go figure.

Now it's time to play with utsusemi.

The first thing I did was chain 10 EPs without taking a single hit. Holy shit. I was on fire. I then decided to go to Konschtat and try it on the mobs there. I picked a Even Match lizzard and start off with Utsusemi. Throughout the entire battle utsusemi only went down for 3 hits. That's right - I took 3 hits versus a EM+. Total of 35 damage. Holy cow.

Utsusemi is God. Period. It's like that MCHammer song - "na, nanana, nana, na, can't touch this, na, nanana, nana, na can't touch this..."

D

Don Francisco

Yeah, I was playing some more earlier and utsusemi definitely rocks.

Sure, I still take hits, but I evade enough versus DC and EM that I can usually get utsusemi back up as soon as the recast timer runs. I can chain 3-5 DC/EM mobs without having to take a break. Reduces downtime by a ton.

<3 Utsusemi.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
too lazy to level nin at this point. content with blu pwnage.

Last edited by a moderator: