6/6/2011: Podcast #1.5: E3 Eve Edition!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
servbot.png

Direct Link: http://gamerhandles.com/logan/Podcast4.mp3

So we're back and tried to do a little something right before E3. It's really quick and loose and is only about 20 minutes long.

Give us any feedback and don't forget to ask us any questions you want to hear answered on the true second podcast that will be recorded after E3 concludes this Thursday. Feel free to do that here or the other thread.

Thanks for listenin!

Podcast #1.5 Notes:

News:
-Batman:Arkham City Catwoman Trailer (00:58)
-Duke Nukem Forever Demo (3:42)
-M.G.S./Z.O.E. HD Collection (7:09)
-Mass Effect 3 Kinect (10:32)

Rapid Fire Segment:
-Call Of Duty Elite (13:24)
-Serious Sam 3 Reveal (13:47)
-Tomb Raider Reveal (14:13)
-Project Cafe Details (14:42)
-Project Cafe Games (15:16)
-PSN Welcome Back (15:49)
-Rumor: Domains for Fable, Dance Central, and Kinect Sports (16:17)
-Witcher 2 for 360 (16:41)
-Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD Collection (17:00)
-Contra Reboot (17:23)
-Predictions: Best of E3 (17:40)
-Hopes: Want from E3 (18:06)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Great job guys.

Here are my opinions on the topics yall touched

Podcast #1.5 Notes:

News:
-Batman:Arkham City Catwoman Trailer (00:58) - I loved Arkham Asylum so Im more than sure this new addition in the new character will be good
-Duke Nukem Forever Demo (3:42) - I never planned on getting the game so I could care less
-M.G.S./Z.O.E. HD Collection (7:09) - Im rather excited on the MGS HD ports but Ive never played the ZOE but I may give it a shot
-Mass Effect 3 Kinect (10:32) - I dont have a Kinect so if they somehow have Kinect only features or content will make me mad

Rapid Fire Segment:
-Call Of Duty Elite (13:24) - I dont care bout COD but I know this is going to be popular
-Serious Sam 3 Reveal (13:47) - Dont care about
-Tomb Raider Reveal (14:13) - Seems interesting
-Project Cafe Details (14:42) - Im just going to wait for the reveal
-Project Cafe Games (15:16) - Again Im just going to wait for the reveal
-PSN Welcome Back (15:49) - I dont have a PS3 but it was cool to give something back to their fans
-Rumor: Domains for Fable, Dance Central, and Kinect Sports (16:17) - New Fable...Maybe only for Kinect. New DC...its going to happen. New Kinect Sports...It will happen
-Witcher 2 for 360 (16:41) - Ive wanted to play the 2 Witcher games but my PC doesnt have the graphics card to play it so Im kinda excited
-Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD Collection (17:00) - I wish I had a PS3 for these
-Contra Reboot (17:23) - Meh
-Predictions: Best of E3 (17:40) - Project Cafe will steal the show, Battlefield 3 will out perform MW3
-Hopes: Want from E3 (18:06) - Hopes?...The only thing I hope for every year is Star Wars: Battlefront 3

The Hounds reference was brilliant
The production quality of the Podcast was really good. Great job to everyone who contributed to it. The only complaint I had was the "ping!" noise in the rapid fire segment. I always turn up the volume when I listen to podcasts so I can hear everyone clearly and with my upped volume, the "ping!" was rather loud.

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
Great job guys.

Here are my opinions on the topics yall touched

Wow, thanks a lot for the input! YOU DA MAN!
Podcast #1.5 Notes:

News:
-Batman:Arkham City Catwoman Trailer (00:58) - I loved Arkham Asylum so Im more than sure this new addition in the new character will be good
-Duke Nukem Forever Demo (3:42) - I never planned on getting the game so I could care less
-M.G.S./Z.O.E. HD Collection (7:09) - Im rather excited on the MGS HD ports but Ive never played the ZOE but I may give it a shot
-Mass Effect 3 Kinect (10:32) - I dont have a Kinect so if they somehow have Kinect only features or content will make me mad

Rapid Fire Segment:
-Call Of Duty Elite (13:24) - I dont care bout COD but I know this is going to be popular
-Serious Sam 3 Reveal (13:47) - Dont care about
-Tomb Raider Reveal (14:13) - Seems interesting
-Project Cafe Details (14:42) - Im just going to wait for the reveal
-Project Cafe Games (15:16) - Again Im just going to wait for the reveal
-PSN Welcome Back (15:49) - I dont have a PS3 but it was cool to give something back to their fans
-Rumor: Domains for Fable, Dance Central, and Kinect Sports (16:17) - New Fable...Maybe only for Kinect. New DC...its going to happen. New Kinect Sports...It will happen
-Witcher 2 for 360 (16:41) - Ive wanted to play the 2 Witcher games but my PC doesnt have the graphics card to play it so Im kinda excited
-Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD Collection (17:00) - I wish I had a PS3 for these
-Contra Reboot (17:23) - Meh
-Predictions: Best of E3 (17:40) - Project Cafe will steal the show, Battlefield 3 will out perform MW3
-Hopes: Want from E3 (18:06) - Hopes?...The only thing I hope for every year is Star Wars: Battlefront 3

The Hounds reference was brilliant
The production quality of the Podcast was really good. Great job to everyone who contributed to it. The only complaint I had was the "ping!" noise in the rapid fire segment. I always turn up the volume when I listen to podcasts so I can hear everyone clearly and with my upped volume, the "ping!" was rather loud.

Wow, thanks a lot for the input! YOU DA MAN!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Great stuff guys, and nice to hear Bayli getting in on the action. I'll go ahead and post my opinions like oobs did:

News:
-Batman:Arkham City Catwoman Trailer (00:58) - I haven't played the first, but it is definitely on my to do list. This trailer definitely bumped it up a few notches. As for co-op, I will likely never have played the co-op portion of the game, so it is irrelevant to me.
-Duke Nukem Forever Demo (3:42) - Haven't played it, and from what you guys have said, I don't think I want to. I have fond memories of Duke, and I think I'll just hang on to those rather then play what will likely be a sub-par, boring shooter with a few laughs scattered throughout.
-M.G.S./Z.O.E. HD Collection (7:09) - MGS collection sounds great, but without the original I have no reason to purchase, as it was my favourite of the series. Not interested in ZOE.
-Mass Effect 3 Kinect (10:32) - I doubt they would include any Kinect exclusive content, and it'll probably just be a few extra features or alternative control methods.

Rapid Fire Segment:
-Call Of Duty Elite (13:24) - Stupid idea, but COD is mostly played by idiots so I'm sure they'll pay up.
-Serious Sam 3 Reveal (13:47) - More like Serious Spam.
-Tomb Raider Reveal (14:13) -The trailer was interesting, and an origin reboot could really get this franchise off the ground again, but I'll have to see some gameplay to be sure.
-Project Cafe Details (14:42) - OH LAWDY
-Project Cafe Games (15:16) - See above.
-PSN Welcome Back (15:49) - I don't have a PS3, but I think they probably handled this as well as they could.
-Rumor: Domains for Fable, Dance Central, and Kinect Sports (16:17) - I think there will be a Fable: Kinect Adventures or something, but I don't think it will be Fable 4. Possibly a tie-in download game or a spinoff franchise.
-Witcher 2 for 360 (16:41) - I've been wanting to play this series, but I've been hesitant on selling my organs to afford a PC to do so.
-Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD Collection (17:00) - Played these games on the PS2, not worth playing again just for the HD.
-Contra Reboot (17:23) - Could be fun, as long as they don't mess with the formula too much. Otherwise, it might as well just be a new IP.
-Predictions: Best of E3 (17:40) - Prediction? Do we really need to predict? Project Cafe all the way.
-Hopes: Want from E3 (18:06) - Gameplay of core Nintendo franchises on Project Cafe.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Thanks SAB and Josh for the kind words and getting in on the action.

As for the dings Josh, I raised the gain after we recorded it just because Chris said it was quiet (I record, listen, edit with headphones, so it's always loud for me.) and I forgot all about the dings. I'll remember that next time.