8 Days Remain

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Oh for fucks sake not this again

First of all there's absolutely nothing but wild speculation that there will be any tiny black holes created.

Second of all even if they are created, they will evaporate due to Hawkins radiation almost immediately. When I say almost immediately, I don't mean like a few milliseconds. I mean, like, as close as you can get to instant without actually being instant. Yoctaseconds.

Third of all, even if they do get created, and do not evaporate, they will simply sink to the center of the earth where they will do no harm. I don't think you understand how tiny they'll be. They'll be smaller than atoms. I don't think you understand how much space there is between electrons in electon clouds. The chances of these holes sucking up any matter at all is tiny, maybe the occasional electron every once in a while. They won't grow and consume the planet.

Now I don't want to here another goddamn word about this, unless you're talking about how much ass it's gonna kick or how awesome science is.

Last edited:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Seriously the people who think the world is gonna end with this are as bad as the ones who think the world is gonna end in December 2012.

And almost as bad as people who think that people only use 10% of their brains. I swear, you can make up any old crap and droves of people will accept it as fact. See: all urban legends ever created, scientology, religion, most doomsday theories, people who think the moon landing was faked, people who think Dubya and the Lizardmen and the Jews did 9/11, and people who think that Nintendo is made of hippies with charitable natures, and should thus focus on making them happy instead of making money.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I THINK THE WORLD WILL END. Oh well, no one will know anyways if it does

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Well give me all your money, you won't miss it.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
No but I'll be richer for the next 8 days, and then after that I can laugh at you and not give you your money back!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Well I'm glad to see nobody else thinks this is a possibility.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
A nice quote I found

I am in fact immensely irritated by the conspiracy theorists who spread this nonsense around and try to scare people. This non-story is symptomatic of a larger mistrust in science, particularly in the US, which includes intelligent design amongst other things. The only serious issue is why so many people who don't have the time or inclination to discover for themselves why this stuff is total crap have to be exposed to the opinions of these half-wits.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
o wale.

if it doesnt end the world, europe is gonna have a supercollider!

NOW THEY WILL DEVELOP MISSLE SHIELD ON US.

(only tarv will understand this)

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
yea but we have space program and can see all their peoples anyways.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Though, to be perfectly honest, I won't mind if the thing explodes and wipes out a large chunk of France/Switzerland.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
we could always nuke it and suffer no nuclear embargo!

gr8!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
<script type="text/javascript">
if (!(typeof worldHasEnded == "undefined")) {
document.write("YUP.");
} else {
document.write("NOPE.");
}
</script>

Tarvis