Instead, we got...

sw-kotor2-box.jpg

and now

star-wars-the-old-republic-pc-game-2010.jpg

jokerunimpressed.jpg

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Twas a noble effort. I commend you for it!

Seriously, KOTOR II has one of the worst endings of all time in my book.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
wasn't there a mod for the PC version that re-implemented a bunch of stuff obsidian had to cut due to time constraints enforced by lucas arts?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Pretty sure I remember hearing something about that. The game didn't have a chance after BioWare passed the development on, especially in that development window.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
KOTOR II started out pretty nicely, but by the middle of the game it just went straight down hill. The Jedi exile and Kreia shit worked pretty nicely, but once that Malachor V shit and "WOUND IN THE FORCE!" shit got involved.....:chipper:

FiOth

Dedicated Gamer
May 10, 2011
The INTENDED ending for KoTOR II: TSL was fine, problem is, most never saw it. Obsidian was so hard pressed to realease on a specific time-table that they literally left the game half-done. A shame really 'cause in terms of mechanics it was a step above the original.

Well, it's the studios story, too much ambition and good ideas but not enough time or money...

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
The INTENDED ending for KoTOR II: TSL was fine, problem is, most never saw it. Obsidian was so hard pressed to realease on a specific time-table that they literally left the game half-done. A shame really 'cause in terms of mechanics it was a step above the original.

Well, it's the studios story, too much ambition and good ideas but not enough time or money...

See Obsidian tried the same shit with New Vegas as well. Using the exact same engine and adding some needless bells and whistles make it less appealing than the original in my opinion, especially in KOTOR II's case.

KOTOR II's characters and settings paled in comparison to KOTOR's, which is saying something when it's using the Star Wars universe where the possibilities are freakin endless.

Plus Malak was a much more imposing villain than anyone in KOTOR II. Especially the Nihilus guy. He reminded me of the GI Joe videos guy.

[video=youtube;QNbGDfNurfI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNbGDfNurfI&feature=related[/video]

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
lmao.

Seriously. They tried so hard to build up these billy badasses with their connection to Kreia, when, in the end, they were literally useless and added nothing to the story except a side-plot for Kreia. Yeah, I don't think anyone cares that they're two former students of Kreia and they're pissed off at everything. Their fights weren't even that fun.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I would love an elder scrolls type game set in the star wars universe.

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
I would love an elder scrolls type game set in the star wars universe.

I think that would be good. Yet I just hope they wouldn't employ the Oblivion leveling scheme. No amount of money can make me like that system.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I kind of like Oblivion's approach to leveling. It feels more organic to be rewarded for doing things you actually do.

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
I kind of like Oblivion's approach to leveling. It feels more organic to be rewarded for doing things you actually do.

I just didn't like being "penalized" with worse stat gains because I jumped a few times or used my shield to block to stay alive when i really was trying to stat max my magic.

Greg412

Deku Scrub
May 18, 2011
First i was reading this and was all, "Oh shit son AW2!? Fuck me dry!" Then i read the link that made me flacid. Then KoToR came up and that was awesome, however KoToR2 was made by Obshitian(however i loved AlphaProtocal, judge me idc) then The Elder Scrolls were mentioned and now i need a smoke....Great Thread BTW

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Hay, new frand!

Well, since my KotOR plans are scratched for now, I GUESS I'll give Alan Wake another go after I beat Fable III.

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
First i was reading this and was all, "Oh shit son AW2!? Fuck me dry!" Then i read the link that made me flacid. Then KoToR came up and that was awesome, however KoToR2 was made by Obshitian(however i loved AlphaProtocal, judge me idc) then The Elder Scrolls were mentioned and now i need a smoke....Great Thread BTW

Wow it seems like a plethora of different emotions went through you while reading this thread. Welcome to the forums!
:champs: