ANIMU/IT'S BO TIME! THREAD

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
hahaha, I was more surprised that SOMEONE ELSE actually knew or even remembered that show!!

This is probably one of the first shows that got me into anime:

[video=youtube;JvfX1JJpxF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvfX1JJpxF0[/video]

and this one i just liked:

[video=youtube;_Zl4IeI6BbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zl4IeI6BbI&feature=related[/video]

Anyone else like me and can't watch the english dub of a show if you saw it as a fansub? I don't know....for me something about the english voices just end up sounding terrible afterwards. Death Note was probably one of the worst and Monster was ruined (in my opinion).

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I can't watch shows in Japanese and read subtitles, it bothers me. I'd rather suffer through bad english voices.

I did watch that Trigun movie in Japanese with Bayli not too long ago and that was alright.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
video02-big-o-02.jpg

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
Anyone else like me and can't watch the english dub of a show if you saw it as a fansub? I don't know....for me something about the english voices just end up sounding terrible afterwards. Death Note was probably one of the worst and Monster was ruined (in my opinion).

I refuse to watch fansubs, but I do have certain shows where I can't stand English voices (Slayers comes to mind, since even if they had the best of the best for English VO they still couldn't come close to touching that JP cast).

I always liked Dorothy.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
You know, O for "This shirt was crafted by: Omar the Tentmaker"

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006

I can watch either, really! It just depends on the show. Like, shows I watched when I was younger, I couldn't watch subbed. Examples being Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc. But for the most part, any new show I've picked up in the past 2 years, it has to be subbed. The only exception was Baccano! and that's because it's set in Chicago/New York and an English cast just works.

I used to hate subs but I finally brought myself to watch them when I watched the final season of Sailor Moon. MAN that was a good season.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
She's gonna make fun of the zits on your face, bad eating habits...

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
4 HOUR TRIBUTE TO THE GAMING ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF DJ AM

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
My mom made homemade corndogs the other night.

They looked like utter shit.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
No, I love corndogs, I just don't trust my mother not to poison me.