Brawl HQ Domain name update

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I decided that instead of waiting until Thursday, or later, to change the domain name would just be wasted time. As long as I have the basics of the website up, a domain name change Wednesday will be the best option so search engines can start crawling the pages. I will be switching the domain Wednesday, March 26th at 3:30pm. Of course I don't know how long the domain will be down, or how long it takes to switch, but from what I can remember it is pretty fast. So expect the site to be back up at http://www.brawlhq.com about an hour or two later, if that long.

I'm also looking into the effects of php on search engine crawling the site. I've been using php for who knows how long for the webpage, but if I find out that php is hindering the site in search engine rankings and crawlings, then I will switch back to shtml which the site hasn't used since the zeldaglitches.com days if I remember correctly.

Obviously the forums will have to change (again) to match the new site, but that's lowest priority right now. With vBulletin releasing new versions of 3.7 constantly lately, this is probably best to wait until they release a "final" version.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Oh yeah, EST. I forget that people live in other timezones :[

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Don't worry I'm only 4 hours ahead until March 30th cause of daylight savings