DIOS MIOS - Play GC games on USB Hard Drive

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
icon_xl.jpg

scaled.php

Features:
  • Full speed loading from an USB device, or a SD card (DIOS MIOS Lite)
  • Loads 1:1 and compressed .ISO disc images
  • Loads games as extracted files (FST)
  • Loads retail discs
  • NMM (No More Memory) memory card emulation
  • Cheat code and WiiRd support
  • Changeable configuration of various settings
  • Reset/Power off via button combo (R + Z + Start) (R + Z + B + D-Pad Down)
  • Both internal NAND and SNEEK/UNEEK DI support
  • Advanced video mode patching and force widescreen

What DIOS MIOS doesn't do yet:
  • Allow use of the Nintendo GameCube Microphone
  • Play backups on writable DVD media
  • Play audio via disc audio streaming
  • Allow swapping of discs

diosmios - DIOS MIOS (Lite) - Play your Nintendo GameCube disc backups on Wii from an USB device or SD card - Google Project Hosting

Oh boy. A little late in the Wii life but it's something I've wanted since I've had wii games on the USB Loader. From what I read though, you lose the ability to play actual Gamecube discs when you install it.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I read about this a while back but I don't think it had as many features at the time, never got around to setting it up.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Last time I heard about GC on the hard drives was that it was "impossible". Then I saw this today.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
i think i might set this up, but wheres the best place to look for gcn isos?

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
yeah, once i found out that you still have to copy the game from usb to sd before you can play it i stopped caring.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
yeah, at least when playing through usb loader gx anyway. it's all handled through the app, you can copy the game to SD and then launch it, but i only have 4GB SD cards so it's too much of a hassle for me to bother. i think there may be a way to stream them from usb but using some other launcher instead of usb loader gx. but i'm too lazy to bother looking into it any further.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Oh that's lame. I thought it worked same as with Wii where you put it on HDD. I would try it on mine, but I have been trying to get GCN/Wii games working through Dolphin.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I have a few discs I burned that have a handful of GCN games on them each, and they work fine through neogamma so I'll just stick with that method for any GCN games i get a hankerin' to play.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I tried to get this working, but for some reason I couldn't. I can't remember the reason right now, but I think it was easily fixable, I was just lazy.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
It works, but from my experience if you are are using USB Loader GX and want to use it to launch GCN isos, you will need to copy them to SD to launch them first (which is done through the USB Loader GX GUI). This is fine if you have a decent sized SD card to use, but I only have 4GB ones so it was too much hassle for me to deal with. I'll just keep using the GCN multi-iso discs through neogamma, haven't had any issues with that and I can fit a decent amount of games per disc.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think it had to burn like a normal DVD, or at least mine did, so I only had 1 per disc. But dvds are cheap.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
No, if you use GCN Multi ISO Creator ( GameCube Multi ISO Creator v3.5.4F+ ) you can put multiple GCN games on one DVD. The amount of games you can fit depends on what games you are using, since they vary in size. Basically, fit as many as you can on a single layer DVD (about 4.7gb). For example I had a disc that had Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, and then three more small games on it. If you launch it with Neogamma (and possibly some more stuff installed, it was a while ago that I set it up), it will give you a menu where you can select which game to launch.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Oh nifty. Wish I had known about this earlier.