Dissidia gets 6.5 in Game Informer

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
+If you love FF characters you will be in amazement as you watch characters from all over the FF universe to battle.

-The speed of the action and the top-notch presentation is almost enough to make you forget the game isn't good.

-Basic combat mechanics are unsatisfying. Erratic camera, shallow mechanics, and unreliable commands for performing specific attacks make implementing strategy difficult.

-Unlocking cool stuff involves grinding through the repetitive story mode.

-Multi-player only works locally.

"Dissidia is only valuable to gamers who can look past massive flaws and appreciate being immersed in the lore of the series."

-Basic combat mechanics are unsatisfying. Erratic camera, shallow mechanics, and unreliable commands for performing specific attacks make implementing strategy difficult.

LOL WAT

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
well the mechanics are shallow. i don't really think that's the right word, it's simplified. I don't see how it's unresponsive. I think it's a pretty strategic game.

HoT_HiPPiE

[Insert something cool]
Aug 16, 2009
One thing I want is a basic attack, like in SSB. Something simple, like a slash that can be comboed. I didn't find the camera erratic at all, and I agree with Logan on the other things.