Gah what the hell

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I got paid today except they only gave me 3/4 of what I was owed. That's bullshit, if I can't get this sorted when I go in on Sunday I'm quitting on the spot.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Well that was random

That would've been like 3 jobs ago and I have no recollection whatsoever of this

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Maybe one day you will remember. Or we will develop a suppressed memories unlocker machine.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
To be fair I remember almost nothing at all from 2008, 2009, or most of 2010

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Probably permanently erased most of my memory with all that booze

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Don't like MMOs (also my internet is too shitty)

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Isn't Britain supposed to have some of the best internets in the world? That's a shame.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Ehh not really. Most people get around 10mbps. I'm supposed to get 10mbps, but in reality I get 1. I'm trying to get the ISP to fix this shit but well, you know, it's infuriatingly slow. And since I'm not the owner of the account they won't talk to me, only to my landlord. And he's away for like 6 weeks. So I'm out of luck for now, but it might get faster one day.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Sorry bud. I remember the days of 1mbps, although right now I'm only on 5mbps which is the best they offer.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
50/30mbps yo.

though i'm bottlenecked by my crappy wireless adapter on my main desktop

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Why not wire that shit up, or even Powerline instead?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
That powerline stuff still confuses the heck out of me on how it works.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Doesn't it just transmit the data using your power lines? I don't really know much about it, and in my case it would have to run back through the electrical panel that still uses fuses so I'm guessing it wouldn't be any faster if it even worked at all.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah but its like how does it know where to go?! How can a power line transmit the data?! It's probably simple stuff, but I'm not an electrician by any stretch. I looked it up earlier and they said it uses some frequency above the ones normally used in power lines, but still I think its pretty nifty stuff.

I actually have a set of them I was using to hook the Xbox up in the other room to the router in here and it seemed to do pretty well.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
My understanding is that it doesn't "know where to go" but rather transmits the data out over your whole power grid, and eventually just hits the receiver. But damn, that signal must degrade fast.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about