Game: Rock Band

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
its a shame the police sucked so bad later.

they were so cool back in the day.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
OH ALSO.

rock band. if you beat the game on hard, you get medium and easy achievements.

thank god they finally caught on to that fact.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
yeh the achievement thing is cool, even though i could care less about achievements.

but that's kinda the point about the songs that wouldn't be fun in guitar hero. they just wouldn't be in guitar hero at all.

i still haven't gotten into it much (i slept for 14 hours) but i'll put a review up once i've tinkered around with the drums and mic.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
im so bad at singing, baylis good.

ive heard tom sawyer eleventy billion times and suck at singing at it.

it doesnt like my geddy impersonation.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
bronson get on xbox so we can play online niglet.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
i finished guitar on hard

all in all there were some good songs and some really really bad ones. i have trouble telling what i can hammer on and what i have to strum. in terms of fun, i'd put the setlist at 3rd out of the 5 games, behind gh2 and gh3 and ahead of gh2 and 80s. as far as listening to the songs, that's a tougher call. i'd probably put it 3rd again, behind gh2 and gh1 and ahead of gh3 and 80s.

the scoring system kinda pisses me off. the scores are so much lower and it makes me feel like i didn't do as well. For instance, I have 135k on Cherub Rock in Rock Band, compared to 373k on GH3.

i tried the first tier on drums on medium and sucked, but i just couldn't get into it. it's not like when i sucked the first time i played gh2 but had alot of fun and had the urge to play more and got better. i honestly wouldn't care if i never played drums again.

haven't tried singing yet. have a feeling it'll be really fun on some songs but i'll suck at it.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
apparently i'm an awful singer.

i failed the first song on medium, so i went down to easy and i'm having trouble 5 starring most of em. hell if it weren't for a couple big tambourine sections at the end, i would've 1 starred a couple of songs.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
yeah singing isnt about singing the song at all.

its all about holdin that pitch, which i cant do.

bayli is good at it though.

ive found out if you try to just keep your voice really high and pitchy it works better.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
yeah i know sometimes when the pitch is low, i can go higher and i'll hit better.

stupid game.

i'm jsut workin on 5-starring expert guitar now. all i have left is ballroom blitz, run to the hills, and green grass and high tides.