God of War Ragnarök

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
bretty gud for sure. think i liked first a bit better but was an entertaining romp.

God Of War Kratos Nod GIF by PlayStation

8.5/10

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I'd give the slight edge to GoW, but yeah these games are pretty fun. It's holding serve until Callisto Project

edit: but FUCK these berserker fights

Last edited:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
me to the berserker king after i cut that dorks head off

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I was still fighting the king when I talked shit about those fights, little did I know the bullshit that awaits with Gna

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
GoW is great

You know what isn't? Callisto Protocol DOO DOO status

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Game was great, however the writing and pacing became AWFUL from
TYR being Odin
all the way through the epilogue.

2018 was definitely better, but this one was still good fun.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
The trips to Asgard, boss/berserker battles in Ragnarok were my favorite moments from either game, but the writing and pacing in 2018 is definitely stronger. Ragnarok was really dragging at the end, as cool as the final chapter was.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
This game had the FF16 "wrap it up box" problem where the devs decide to fit the last 25 percent of the story into 2 missions, but I look back on it fondly. Mainly because Lauren was so excited for it, but she was so sick with the pregnancy I got to scoot in and steal all the playtime

basically this was me

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Making Kratos not wanting to kill Gods is good for character development I guess, but seems like it will really really neuter the character going forward.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
next game is totally gonna be atreus and his little girlfriend and they'll have kratos killed by a gender neutral fluidqueer god or something book it