Halo 4

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Apparently reviews are GREAT so far. I guess that's good.

As far as I know only Logan and me are getting this game for definite. Most likely Andrew and Chris will be too, but since neither post here that's kinda MOOT.

I'm hoping this time you jerks won't ditch me midway through the co-op campaign.

Also griffball.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
If Oobs and Andrew get it, we will definitely have to play griffball.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I hear griffball is super lame now.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I don't like the dumbing down that seems to be happening to everything. Video games, computers, etc. I thought the original was pretty easy to pick up and play. The original was great, and I'm not sure why the keep messing with the formula and taking it away from what it was to basically a basketball match with hammers. Passing seems as awful as making the ball carrier slower and weaker.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Pretty sure that ball holder travels at mach speed now and has overshields/damage resistance like hte old days.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
But can he punch people to death in 1 hit?

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Yeah, I'll grab it.

I thought the multiplayer was becoming the sci-fi Call of Duty, but the combination of some of the old material with some new tweaks actually makes it look pretty good.

I'm iffy about how they've tweaked griff ball but their biggest goal in Halo 4's multiplayer is to try to keep players, regardless of what they're doing, invested in the game. In other words, even if I have the ball or the flag in Capture the Flag, I can stay on top of the leaderboards because the game still offers me the chance to kill everyone I see instead of being protected.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
After playing Campaign and slayer, I've never felt more lost in a game.

WHATS GOING ON is my motto for this game.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wTcx4ZBmLWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'm not the biggest halo fan, but everyone seems to like it. Graphics are pretty awesome, especially compared to the past halos.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I dunno if it was my internet or what, but god damn did the CAMPAIGN CO OP LAG. Unplayable last night! Multiplayer is fun.