i need some final fantasy/psp advice

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
so i want to get one of the earlier final fantasy games released for the psp. i did a little research and figured i'd just ask you guys whats the best way to go about this. i haven't played 1-6 and want to eventually. so here are some questions:

which ones have been released on psp?

which ones are the best/what order do you think i should play them in?

is there a way to get a good deal on this? like buy a game that is a collection of them?

i saw 4 has one thats called "the complete collection." whats that about/are there other ones that have something like that?

they're cheap so im not worried about spending the money. and ill do research myself to try and figure it out. just want to see if anyone here has some experience with this shit.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Gah thats rude. I enjoyed FF4 alot. I think FF6 is coming soon to PSN and it's definitely the best of the first 6.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
FF 1 and 2 are garbitch.

3 and 5 were ok from what I played, but I don't like job systems that much.

The remake of 4 on the DS is fantastic and 6 is one of the best games evar.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i guess 4 is first. it comes in the complete collection which includes 4: the lost years. so i guess ill be playing both.

1 and 2 might be bad but i feel as a final fantasy buff i gotta play them anyway lol.

i dont think 3,5 and 6 are out for psp. and i dont even own a ps3. maybe one day since i do own god of war 3 and heavy rain and need to play them somehow lol. then hopefully 6 will be on the psn and i can play it.

what about tactics and dissidia? anybody play those? im not a big fighting game fan but i'm a sucker for spin-offs.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I hated tactics.

Dissidia is a lot of fun if you can get used to it, it's pretty damn clunky and complicated though.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
You never seen our videos, I take it.

i have actually. i didnt even know it existed before seeing that one cloud v sephiroth vid.

i want to play it because im a FF freak but not a fighting game freak so im kind of torn.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
it's not really a fighting game at all.

it's basically a one on one kingdom hearts. there's no inputs to speak of and it's really all level and accessory based.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
hows the story? im sold on a game (really regardless of gameplay) really on its story. the mk vs dc fighting campaign had a great story so i loved it.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It's one of the best games on the PSP!

The story is pure fan service, although Cloud comes off mopey of course since they decided he needed to be more like Squall after Enix took over Square.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Story fuckin SUCKS.

Game needs to be solely level based with no accessories. Even then, level should govern health points, brave points, and SOME moves. nothing more.

The system is too convoluted to be any fun. Prime example of japanese development arrogance. Put final fantasy on it and the people will eat it up.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Story fuckin SUCKS.

Game needs to be solely level based with no accessories. Even then, level should govern health points, brave points, and SOME moves. nothing more.

The system is too convoluted to be any fun. Prime example of japanese development arrogance. Put final fantasy on it and the people will eat it up.

You used to play it lots. Don't be a bitcher you queer.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
it was a great dumpin game.

i'm just sayin i'd probably still be playing it if I could just be like street fighter and pick my character and not worry about equipments.