Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
In some ways yes, in some ways no.

I'm against gay marriage and abortion, so that's two things that makes me agree. As for the War on Terror, I disagree on that. Bush tours the world and visit China and tells them what to do, but he doesn't do that much here. He's too stubborn, and I'm pretty sure I heard a general say that the troops aren't coming back for at least another 3-3 1/2 years. That is just too long. I'd say before the end of 2006. If Kerry were president they would be back, but I didn't want him at all.

D

Don Francisco

"I'm pretty sure I heard a general say that the troops aren't coming back for at least another 3-3 1/2 years. That is just too long. I'd say before the end of 2006."
We occupied Japan for 7 years. That's what I'm afraid of - in this age of lightning fast e-mails and instant video conferencing, Americans forget that it takes more than a few months to transform a nation. If we pull out too early we'll have another Vietnam on our hands.

I'd say overall he's done a pretty good job, barring the Harriet Miers fiasco. My biggest complaint is that he can't control the Republican party. You have Republicans speaking out against him and what not - Clinton was very good at keeping the Democrats in check. Of course, they have a good reason to complain - I don't think dumping a crapload of money into New Orleans is going to solve anything. As Republicans we are supposed to be proponents for a smaller government - tax cuts are nice, but he also needs to make the budget smaller and reduce the deficit.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Because of his dropping approval ratings, it seems more and more Americans think that no, he is not doing a good job. And, yes, I have to agree with them. I'm for abortion. Let gay people do what they want, I don't care what you believe it doesn't somehow "violate the sanctity of marriage" or some shit. If you think that, then surely getting married in a place that isn't a chuch is also bad? It's not so sacred.

Hello people. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state. You can't deny that Bush's politics are fueled primarily by his strong religious beliefs, and that he caters to the religious right.

But what do I know. I'm just one of those damn nonbelievers. Erm, anyway, let's try and keep this thread civil?

christopher

Castle Guard
Sep 25, 2005
I agree with Mobius on the case of abortion and gay marriages.
for the rest I do not know much about Bush' politics within the USA, only about how people from outside of the USA look at it. And Bush made himself very .. impopular .. with most people I know. Mostly cause it is thought that he interferes with other countries too much, while they aren't asking for it. Also he seems to be very conservative, which I do not see as a good thing.