Journey

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
WoAh if you like flower/flOw, you should definitely try journey out!

if anything, i would call it a platformer. it's somewhat co-op in the sense that if you play online, you can meet other players and play the entire game with them.

it had an ICO feel to it, and i really enjoyed it. c:

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i was thinking about getting this but it looked too bizarre for me. what do u really do? lol

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
If anything, it's a platformer I suppose you could say. You start at point in a desert, trying to reach a mountain far away. You get these little pieces of clothes that let you fly and such. It has great music and the graphics are gorgeous. I immediately started another playthrough when I finished it!

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
im not big on co-op...would you say thats an integral part of the game? or can i get a good feel for it solo? cuz ico was all solo

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I don't know, it was really fun to have someone you don't know with you during the playthrough. It's hard to communicate, so that brings a challenge, but I really enjoyed the "co-op" aspect. Not too intrusive, imo.

I guess I get the ICO/SotC feel because it's very quiet; very nice music and no dialog. Idk the dynamic of going on a journey together with someone you barely know also made it feel like ICO for me.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I cant play the demo cause I dont have a sixaxis controller, I cant move him with the sticks

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Whaat. New PS3s don't come with sixaxis controllers?

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Used PS3 w/a third party controller
I read online that you dont have to use a sixaxis controller but it seems the demo, you do

Ohhh okay! Yeah I think it was optional? I honestly can't remember though... I know with like the game flower (also made by thatgamecompany) you HAVE to have sixaxis. flOw too, I think. WELL, i hope you can get one. it's truly a great experience. well worth the money!