Let's talk about drinks

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Alcohol is the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. So what do YOU like to drink? I'm not an overly huge fan of beer, but it gets the job done so I'll drink it. I prefer the taste of cider and it's about the same ABV usually. However, I have a pretty high tolerance so it'll take a few to get me going.

I love Southern Comfort, especially with lemonade. SoCo with coke is good too, though just straight-up shots are great. I'm getting into rum & coke lately, too. That's some good shit. Gin & sprite is also pretty win. I don't really like wine.

Don't tell me you don't drink because drinking is awesome.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I don't drink often, but working in a restaurant has taught me alot about drinks.

I don't really like domestic beer. The only beer I REALLY like is Blue Moon, but there are others like Corona, Shock Top, and some of the seasonal Sam Adams are pretty good. If I had to pick a domestic, it'd be Miller Lite.

As far as liquor, I like gin, particularly Tanqueray. Tanqueray and Sprite is probably my favorite alcoholic drink, but I don't drink it often as it's fairly expensive. Tequila is ok, not great. I hate rum, and I can't drink bourbon because I got really sick off it one time.

Wine sucks.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Well Bronson's post is the only one that doesn't SUCK MY DICK

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Oh and vodka is pretty much as tasty as lighter fluid

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Vodka is meh. It's one of the few liquors that can go with anything, but likewise, none of those mixtures are really good.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I was in the supermarket today and they had supermarket brand value whiskey. I know money is tight but that just seems like a bad idea.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Well, I'll make an exception to my vodka hatin' with vodka + cranberry juice. I really wish I could buy cranapple juice here. They have every goddamn variation of cranberry except that. I'll have to buy some apple juice to go with it, that'd probably be sex on my tastebuds.

Seriously cranberry + blueberry but not cranberry + apple? Fuck you Ocean Spray! I'd kill for your cranapple that I had all the time in Florida.

Last edited:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Well I emailed Ocean Spray and the guy said that their cranapple wasn't popular in UK taste testing so they won't be bringing it over. Well, I bought some cranberry juice and some apple juice. Let's see if I can't recreate that classic flavor!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Taste test log:
A 50/50 split is too strong on the apple juice.

The apple is stronger than I thought - 70/30 is still too much of it.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Final result: I think around 80/20 is the closest I'm gonna get. Gooood!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
And, as I thought, adding vodka makes it godly.