Little Big Planet

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
So has anyone played much of this?

I bought it when it released a long time ago and played it for one night with some friends and had a good bit of fun. But after that only played it occasionally. This past Friday I was hanging out over at my brother in laws and some of us played the GOTY edition as well as some other stuff he'd bought DLC wise. We ended up playing it pretty much from 9 that night until 10 the next morning, with some of us randomly passing out for like 30 minute naps. Needless to say it was a ton of fun. I relived the entire Back to the Future storyline in a series of community made levels titled "Sack to/from the Future".. So I think i'm going to start playing this again.

Side note, what do you guys use to capture gameplay? Any suggestions?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I use hauppauge pvr, but it can't record hdmi - only component. I was planning on buying a new one, I forget the name right now, but it can record hdmi and 1080p video but you have to have usb3 to capture.

it was $200, I'll update the name when I remember.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I have the game, I like the levels you can download, but its a pretty good game

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I played LBP a lot when I first bought my PS3, but other than that I haven't really touched it, unless someone asked me to play it online.

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Yeah there's some awesome levels in the community. SOOO many ninja warrior ones. I believe I'm gonna go grab the GOTY and trade in my normal copy. should save a few dollars.. maybe..

And the capture card.. Hm, 200. Does it come with any decent software or anything? The USB3 is no problem, but hm, if I do 1080p I will run out of space pretty quick I think. But I'd definitely want to do HDMI. How does it work exactly, does your computer need to be able to output hdmi?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
As far as I know it comes with software. I don't know which. I use a terabyte harddrive for recorded videos and it runs out pretty quick.

You don't need to output anything, its a box you plug your consoles into then it plugs into the tv and plugs into the computer via usb.

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Awesome, sounds good. Though I only have about a tb of hdd left, I may end up getting another or two if I can find some kinda sale.