MMORPG's

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
This thread is open to any MMORPG discussion, but I'm specifically curious about what people thing about FFXI and Star Wars Galaxies. I'm debating between the two. I absolutely love Star Wars, but on the other hand FFXI looks like it has some uber awesome gameplay. I think I've already made my decision. I just want to hear your opinion.

D

Don Francisco

I have yet to play either, but FFXI was on RPGamer's staff overall game of the year list (I think it was 3rd), while Galaxies was on RPGamer's staff biggest letdown list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, I've heard from numerous people that Galaxies sucked much penis.

D

Don Francisco

Well, my cousin loved Galaxies. If I ever get a new computer (probably for the next school year in August), I will try it out.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
I think it looks awesome, but they said it was seriously buggy. Apparently Lucas Arts is too lazy to come out with frequent patches. I also read that the gameplay is very lacking in some ways (vehicles, classes, jedis). FFXI looked really sweet too, but I'd really like the idea of switching away from a "fantasy" themed game. The futuristic stuff in Galaxies and KOTOR intrest me. I'm probably going to go buy a new game this weekend.

Kalnaur

Gibdo
Nov 10, 2003
FFXI is the best of Everquest with the best of the Final Fantasy series, or so I have heard it said.
Meanwhile, Galaxies is a festering boil on the lushness that is the MMORPG.

Mitch

The Big Dog
Sep 13, 2007
Originally posted by Aaron
I think it looks awesome, but they said it was seriously buggy. Apparently Lucas Arts is too lazy to come out with frequent patches. I also read that the gameplay is very lacking in some ways (vehicles, classes, jedis). FFXI looked really sweet too, but I'd really like the idea of switching away from a "fantasy" themed game. The futuristic stuff in Galaxies and KOTOR intrest me. I'm probably going to go buy a new game this weekend.
well they come out with a patch very often
I own SWG and it is a very good game
I play it regularly
here is a neat pic

Last edited by a moderator: