Movie Series: Terminator

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I just prefer the horror aspect of T1 a little more. I also don't think anything in any movie can ever top the Police Station scene. But T2 definitely the best sequel of all time. and everything else is better than T1.

T3 is great too, but lets be honest, ever since T3 any Terminator movie with Arnold has been pretty goofy. Almost feels like a parody tbh.

Terminator Salvation was a decent movie, just had some lackluster writing. Terminators were more like transformers and the overall world looked nothing like the first two movies showed. Too sunny for much of the movie.

Terminator Genisys I was so excited for because I loved the premise of 1984 being changed and Arnold being back and fighting his 1984 self. But nope, 1984 terminator taken out within 30 seconds and 1984 last about 10 minutes and then we time travel again to 2017. GoT bitch and whats-his-name are AWFUL, AWFUL as Sarah and Kyle. Even Arnold is bad in this movie and just way too goofy. Awful casting choices, awful writing & dialogue, awful movie. Easily the worst Terminator film.

Dark Fate decides to murder little kid John Connor because that Skynet shit is old news! We now have LEGION which is another AI that is different than Skynet but the same! We also have some Mexican girl that is different than John but the same! Only thing I can say about this movie is its ok. Again the writing is awful, but not as bad as Genisys. The villain is alright, but the splitting into two really doesn't seem to be very beneficial. The action is pretty good. Arnold is more serious this time around which is nice, but he's only really in the last 1/3 of the movie.

Terminator TV show is better than I remember, but I probably wouldn't watch it again. Maybe its only looks better after all the shit TV shows and movies we get now.

I would rank: T1/T2 > T3 > Salvation > Dark Fate > TV Show >>>>>>> Genisys

Obligatory Logan & Travis watching cam version of Dark Fate togetha and laughin at dis:

1698325648298.png

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Wow I don't remember Terminator Genisys AT ALL. If I even watched it, it's been scrubbed from my brain

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Nope, never saw it. I never would forget that Arnold grin

Shout out to the time I saw Arnold and JJ Watt in Columbus, OH and Arnold flexed at me 10/10 can die happy

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Nope, never saw it. I never would forget that Arnold grin

Shout out to the time I saw Arnold and JJ Watt in Columbus, OH and Arnold flexed at me 10/10 can die happy
:jax:

Wow I don't remember Terminator Genisys AT ALL. If I even watched it, it's been scrubbed from my brain

Legit reading Travis' post Dave, I had the same thought for a second. I had to stop and think. The Sarah Clarke movie and the one where Linda Hamilton was back really did both seem the same lol.

I just prefer the horror aspect of T1 a little more. I also don't think anything in any movie can ever top the Police Station scene. But T2 definitely the best sequel of all time. and everything else is better than T1.

T3 is great too, but lets be honest, ever since T3 any Terminator movie with Arnold has been pretty goofy. Almost feels like a parody tbh.

Terminator Salvation was a decent movie, just had some lackluster writing. Terminators were more like transformers and the overall world looked nothing like the first two movies showed. Too sunny for much of the movie.

Terminator Genisys I was so excited for because I loved the premise of 1984 being changed and Arnold being back and fighting his 1984 self. But nope, 1984 terminator taken out within 30 seconds and 1984 last about 10 minutes and then we time travel again to 2017. GoT bitch and whats-his-name are AWFUL, AWFUL as Sarah and Kyle. Even Arnold is bad in this movie and just way too goofy. Awful casting choices, awful writing & dialogue, awful movie. Easily the worst Terminator film.

Dark Fate decides to murder little kid John Connor because that Skynet shit is old news! We now have LEGION which is another AI that is different than Skynet but the same! We also have some Mexican girl that is different than John but the same! Only thing I can say about this movie is its ok. Again the writing is awful, but not as bad as Genisys. The villain is alright, but the splitting into two really doesn't seem to be very beneficial. The action is pretty good. Arnold is more serious this time around which is nice, but he's only really in the last 1/3 of the movie.

Terminator TV show is better than I remember, but I probably wouldn't watch it again. Maybe its only looks better after all the shit TV shows and movies we get now.

I would rank: T1/T2 > T3 > Salvation > Dark Fate > TV Show >>>>>>> Genisys

Obligatory Logan & Travis watching cam version of Dark Fate togetha and laughin at dis:

View attachment 3405

John Connor death total classic. Was it the independence day sequel that did it too? ONE X BET!

Police shootout good, but I like the nightclub shootout better.

If I think of the two movies, the dynamic of the strong arnold terminator vs kyle reese/sarah or the premise of t1000 vs t800/sarah/john, I really like arnold as the good guy. Me and Lauren were watching it the other week and I remember pointing out to her how cool it must've been in the theaters because wasn't it not revealed that arnold was the good guy? That scene in the mall corridor must've been amazing.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Even if the Arnold good guy reveal wasn't spoiled, it would still be only the second best hall shootout ever

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Pretty sure they ruined the Arnold as good guy in the trailer.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Prove It Killian Scott GIF by Dublin Murders

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
James Cameron is revealing why the marketing for Terminator 2: Judgment Day made it very clear that Arnold Schwarzenegger's T-800 was a hero in the sequel rather than the villain he portrayed in the film's predecessor.

Weird thing to spoil, but okay. It's even weirder because they set it up in the psych ward like it's supposed to blow your mind

Still remember my dad telling me for Independence Day, the trailer came out a year prior to release and all it showed was the ship blowing up the White House and then saying "July 3rd, 1996" Zero information before release. God bless the nostalgic pre-internet days