Nintendo nearly unveiled Legend of Zelda for Wii U at E3

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
256115-Untitled-2.jpg

Nintendo has an ace up its sleeve. It is, of course, a new Legend of Zelda title for Wii U. However, according to series creator Shigeru Miyamoto, the company isn't quite ready to play that card at this stage of the game. "We're also working on a new Wii U Zelda game," Miyamoto divulged to Game Informer. "Work on that is progressing fairly concretely," he continued. "In fact, we were thinking about showing it here at E3 but decided to wait just a little bit longer before sharing it with everyone."

Miyamoto, you tease! Oh well, at least it sounds like Nintendo might be tipping its hand regarding the unannounced high-definition follow-up to Skyward Sword sometime soon. Patience is a virtue, I suppose.

Source

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Aw man, that would have put it way over the top if they had shown it. :(

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I can't think of any reason to NOT show it, unless it simply isn't far along enough in development to show yet.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
WELL I'm excited for the new Wii U games! I can't wait to see what else comes to the console!!!

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
well it's a given that it was coming. they've shown 2 zelda games at e3 already, probably didn't want to show a third.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
They didn't want to the wind out of WW HDs sails

(Yes, that was a pun)