Nintendo Revolution

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Usually I could give a shit about Nintendo, but Revolution is becoming more appealing by the minute. Not only will Revolution play NES, SNES, N64 games but it will also play games from it's competitors. At least 1000 Genesis games were listed.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6146528.html

Although I can really download all these games for free anyways. Maybe they will add reliable online multiplayer, or some shit like that.

Last edited:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
When I got my DS I was like "wow I can't wait for Revolution." Now my enthusiasm's sorta died down, and I haven't touched my DS in months. I'm still probably gonna get it, but I'll wait for some time I think.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I said DS was gimmicky before, but it's not too bad. Can be kinda fun. Too bad I only have like 2 games for it.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah since I got the 360 I haven't even touched it.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
turbographix-16 games will also be available on the revolution... woohoo.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
There's a new DS Zelda coming out, but it has the graphics of WindWaker. I want a Mario Party type game for DS, but that isn't like the stupid GBA game. Would be kinda nifty if they let you use DS as some type of controller for the revolution, maybe use the touch screens somehow.

Edit: It sucks that Nintendo keeps releasing old games for new systems. I wish they'd stop hardware innovation and do something innovative with software. It's the Mario/Samus/Zelda strategy every hardware cycle, and it's time for them to try a new game with new characters.

Last edited:

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
never even touched a ds. last handheld i used was in crystal chronicles, which is pretty cool if you've got 3 other people to play with consistently.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Travis said:
it's time for them to try a new game with new characters.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they'll be announcing new IPs at E3.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Does anyone here even have mario kart for DS? I mite buy it but I dont know anyone who has DS + Mario Kart for online gaming fun. :(

D

Don Francisco

I used to but I sold all my handheld games 'cause I didn't play them anymore (and I actually don't miss them!). Joe still has his, I think, but he doesn't play anything but Oblivion now.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
DS is only handheld that has kept me interested in buying games for it. Had a GB and GBA and never even had any GBA games... Only GBA game I have came with my DS.

Pacman world SUCKS.

Edit: anyways I asked for mario kart and wireless adapter for my birthday since I didn't know what else to ask for since I don't really need anythin.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I still have Mario Kart DS, and I'll play you if you get it.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS ONLINE YAY.

Yeah, Nintendo definitely has to step up its notches if it is even going to stand a chance against a 360 AND a PS3. I didn't plan on getting a revolution but who knows now.

And when Gamecube graphics can be done on a DS, what's that say about Gamecube Graphics?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
lol, can't really compare DS to Gamecube graphics since DS has really small resolution compared to a TV which will make things seem prettier than they are. I think it's somewhere between a N64 and a Gamecube in terms of power.

I'm really considering getting a revolution over a PS3. :(

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Rumor has it that the Xbox 361 will turn into a TRANSFORMER!
-

I'm not making a real decision until I learn more about each. Nintendo's a dumbass that sucks. Now is there chance to prove me wrong.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Have they given out more information about the Revolution? I haven't been following game news for a while.

Oh, and to suggest that the DS could produce the graphics of games like Ikaruga is preposterous.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
The game gave me a blue shell when I was in first place. Hey thanks Nintendo, you made the game act weird by adding bugs.