Nintendo

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
The Revolution Controller Design Philosophy
So why has Nintendo decided to brazenly break with tradition and the conventions of every other modern console in creating the Revolution controller? According to Mr. Miyamoto, it was part of a conscious decision to make something simple and straightforward enough to reach out to a new audience. "We want a system that takes advantage of new technology for something that anyone, regardless of age or gender, can pick up and play. [Something with a] gameplay style that people who have never played games can pick up and not be intimidated by. We wanted a controller that somebody's mother will look at and not be afraid of."

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
OMG nintendo is teh kiddie! Nintendo is doomed! Microsoft will buy Nintendo in five years!!1

Seriously, though, I think the revolution is gonna be cool. Fuck what anybody else thinks - if the public doesn't like it, then THERE WON'T BE SUCH A DAMN SHORTAGE *AHEM MICROSOFT*. I realize that Nintendo needs as much public support as they can get, but I just can't stand the fanboys who automatically knock the Revolution and its controller without even using it. Don't knock it until you try it - this also applies to the DS, Wind Waker, and just about anything else Nintendo's ever done that gets mercilessly bashed by fanboys.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
meh, I think the shortage is real. Oh, and I can't wait to try the revolution.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, but shortage or not, it doesn't affect you, SAB.

Bastard.

Last edited by a moderator: