Rant on Jack Thompson from Steve Burkeland

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Goddamnit. What in the hell, Hompson. Seriously, just what in the hell. That's just plain terrible. What a fucking asshole, that's pretty much the most insensitive thing you could possibly do ever. As the guy said, if anybody's going to hell it should be Jacky boy.

When's he just going to shut the fuck up?

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Inept

"All of you say that "Psycho evil Jack" isn't worth your time or you hate. To you I say this:
Is Kuja?
It isn't about Jack anymore. It isn't about love thy forumgoers or whatever. It is about respect. When Jack Thomson dies, I didn't plan on going to the funeral and spitting on the headstone. I didn't plan on blasting all over the internet "Ding dong the bitch is dead" in celebration. I planned on bowing my head in a moment of silence for a departed person, as all people, good or bad, deserve.
He thinks he's better than us, when he can't even do that? When he can't even do that for a person who has never in their life done anything to harm him? This isn't about gaming anymore. This is about human decency. This is no longer about censorship or banning anymore. This is about respect.
When Jack Thomson dies, he can sure as hell expect a loogie on his headstone, and a card "Courtesy of Kuja" stuck next to it. "

I swear he wants someone to kill him so he can be a martyr.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.

Like stalking internet forums trying to find people to insult with witless and not thought out comments! What a great way to spend your life.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
If someone kills him his family or whatever would be like "SEE OMG TOLD U DOOM QUAKE HALO MANHUNT LOLZ" which wouldn't be good.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Video Games don't create violent people. Jack Thompson creates violent people.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
He's saying gamers go to hell. Scrabble is a game, too. As is monopoly, life, and solitaire. No difference between videogames and those games except for techonology.

I'd tape his hands up and make him beat a short game, that maybe takes less than 10 hours like Zelda. Then ask if it was really so bad. If he says yes, at least I can say "See you in hell, then, gamer."

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
His life is game. Wait no, I mean it's a joke.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
He lives probably about 45mins-1 hour away from me. I could go egg him for you guys. Yoda and I should go on a crusade here or something.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
NO U WILL GET SUED AND THEN I WILL SUED BECAUSE I HARBOR AN EGG THROWING FUGITIVE.

D

Don Francisco

Psycho's comment made me realize something...

Jack actually thinks he's a puritan living in the 1600's, thus he belongs in a mental institution. Now it all makes sense!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
wow. I REALLY HATE HIM. He is one of the few people that I actually, literally hate. Man.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
When CBS interviewed Steve I'm pretty sure Jack threatened to sue him because they mentioned/talked about him during the interview.