Sony NGP (Next Generation Portable)

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Meh IMO
I mean it has the processing power of a PS3 which is cool but there are a few things that will cause me to question it
Battery Life
hackability
etc.

and why in the hell is the touch screen on the back of the PSP

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
that and i bet it will melt a hole in your scrotum cause it got all that PROCESSIN POWA and nowhere for the heat to go!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Uncharted and MGS4 on the go? YES PLEASE

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
B...Bu....Teh Zelda OOT 3DS...

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'm just happy that game's being made. Should be on a console though!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
[video=youtube;FsAq-sMLTEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsAq-sMLTEw[/video]

I don't care what you say, that's DAMNED impressive.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
and it can be yours for $999!

sonyngppreordergss.jpg

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
DAAAYUMN.jpg

I'm sure that's too high, but everyone said the 600 dollars rumor about the PS3 before it announced was IMPOSSIBLE so lol

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
PLACEHOLDER PRICE IS TEH FAKE. Sony said it will be priced at current market standards.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Sony's always been of the "HIGH TECH WARRANTS A HIGH PRICE!" philosophy. I say 350+ is almost certain. At LEAST 300 though.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
To compare, I spent 300 dollars on my xbox. It can: stream netflix, watch dvds, play all sorts of games with amazing graphics, steam music from my pc to listen to while i play all sorts of games with amazing graphics, play forever without a battery, talk to and play games with all my friends in an easy an unobtrusive manner.

I spent 300+ dollars on my NGP: It can: kinda do a few of the above, needs a battery.

pope.jpg

see what I'm getting at? handhelds needed to stay at that 150-200 dollar range IMO. This blurring the console/handheld line does little for me. The "make my console gaming experience portable!" philosophy peaked with MARIO KART ADVANCE. I want my Mass Effect big, beautiful, and loud, not condensed down to a 6 inch screen.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Wait this thing has an OLED screen? Aren't those expensive? In fact, didn't Sony say at one point when they introduced that tech for their TVs that it wouldn't fit small devices like phones because they don't look good in ambient light and the cost to polarize them sufficiently would be impractical or some shit?!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
So you'd rather play Bejewled or Tetris on the shitter than Killzone or Zelda?

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
YOUR CIRCULAR LOGIC WON'T WORK ON ME, I'M A MAN OF SCIENCE!

UglyNerd.jpg