Star Wars: The Old Republic

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
In retrospect, I enjoy Star Wars and I really enjoy KOTOR. If a bunch of people from here or something played it, I suppose I'd at least try it. I had friends try to get me into WoW and I completely hated it though.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
From whats little has been released so far, this seems like it will be more like KOTOR then WOW. I am definitely going to be playing this one. I am super stoked. SUPER STOKED. SUPER STOKED. I'm so excited that I may have even peed myself a little.

Well, not really.

SUPER STOKED.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, but the allure of KOTOR (or pretty much any American RPG) for me is just stomping over and over in my solitude. MMO's feel like they introduce competition (whether it be powerleveling versus your friends, PVPing, etc.) in worlds that don't really suit social competition.

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, but this one is more story driven, its been stated that they're going to do everything they can to avoid poweverleving and grinding and such. one of the developers stated that there will be no "go kill 20 rats" type quests, and that you will never be killing menial creatures over and over.

PvPing will be in. I mean, how could it not be? Imagine an endless supply of sith for your jedi to try and cleanse the galaxy of? Or maybe your a bounty hunter trying to see how many sith/jedi you can knock off. although pvp hasn't really been discussed greatly, i think they'll be able to pull it off in a way that fits with the star wars feel.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Man, I'm about to bust out my N64 and play the shit out of that.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I should get an emulator runnin' and see what the fuss is about I guess

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
20060329.jpg

I should point out that's from March 06