Surface Pro

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
DSC_9446.jpg

I'm supposed to receive this, and the type cover, later today unless UPS messes up - which they usually do on my bigger purchases. I've been wanting a real windows tablet for a while now, but didn't want to drop $1000 at once. Carrying this 12lb Aliewnare with me sucks, and when I have to go to New York City next month, I will need something that won't be a pain in the ass to carry around.

I ordered the 128gb version from BestBuy which has to be the WORST online shop I've ever used. I applied for their 18 month financing card, and they only gave me a $600 limit even though my credit score is around 800+. Unfortunately, unless you go to the bestbuy store, you can't use two credit cards to purchase. SO, what I did do was buy those stupid BestBuy e-gift cards for myself to make up the difference and get the price under the $600 limit.

Oh my god was this a horrible process. I must have tried 30 times to buy these cards, and they would take the money from my bank, then REFUND me and send me a "unable to process your order" email. BestBuy customer support was god awful. I emailed them and they replied back that "the funds cleared your bank but we were unable to approve it in our system". What the fuck. I used like 3 different credit cards and email addresses and I was able to get it finally to work after like 7 hours of trying. Then they require me to call them to submit more verification, and tell me the hours are 8am-8pm EST. Well by the time I got the damn thing to process, it was already past 9PM (and I had been trying to do it since about 9AM), but I called them fuckers anyways. Thank god someone was there. He asked me stupid questions like what is a close grocery store that I shop at, which I said there isn't one because I live in the middle of nowhere. Anyways after that I was finally able to order this fucking thing.

Not to mention, I had both my credit card companies call me to verify Best Buy charging my credit cards was legit even though Best Buy still refused to process the order after I told the Bank yes. Best Buy must do a lot of fraud or something since they called me almost immediately on the orders being put in. This really turned into a Best Buy sucks rant, but I will review the surface pro when/if I get it later today.

Microsoft, use Amazon or something next time.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Hey UPS didn't mess up. The keyboard is kinda funky to use, and the battery was completely dead. The charger cable is pretty short, and the keyboard feels kind of like a grease magnet. Otherwise so far so good.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
i was gonna say if its a toshiba then the keyboard is always a grease magnet, BUT YA KNOW