The Gamerhandles 2011 Game of the Year Thread

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Hey guys and gals, I know this is a bit pre-mature, but I want to get the wheels moving on this a little early. I realize that 2011 isn't done yet, but I want everyone to start thinking about what their personal games of the year are. As opposed to Travis and I picking the games like we did last year and the year before, I want this to be a communal effort that captures the broadest amount of input possible. No matter what console you only play on, what kind of games you play, or even how many you've played, I want your vote.

Here's how it goes:

Think of this as a voting process as we're keeping confidentiality in the mix. Rather than some generic poll, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME (Logan) your top 5 games of 2011. It's as simple as that! There are only two rules.

The game must've been released in 2011 (Duh)

Games that are re-releases or "HD remakes" are excluded from this vote. No Resident Evil 4 HD/Metal Gear Solid HD Collection/Shadow of the Colossus/Ico.

So knowing this, how do I proceed?

Well once you're ready to PM me your "ballot", simply follow this basic format. Let's just use a hypothetical set of games for Joe Schmo's entry.

1. Skyrim
2. Rage
3. Battlefield 3
4. Uncharted 3
5. Gears of War 3

This will be calculated as points. With this entry, Skyrim receives 5 points, Rage 4 points, etc. Once I get all the votes, I'll simply tally em up.

Remember, you don't have to shy away from this thinking you haven't played enough games, this is simply a matter of personal opinion. That being said PM me your votes before December 11th and look for the results about a week later.

Thanks!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
1. Duke Nukem Forever
2. RAGE
3. Call of Duty: MW3
4. Blackwater
5. Two Worlds II

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
How ya gonna do this when Skyward Sword ain't even been released yet?!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Cause people have till the 11th to pick ya fungo.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
1. HamerGandles RPG
2. HamerGandles RPG
3. HamerGandles RPG
4. HamerGandles RPG
5. HamerGandles RPG

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Still missin votes from regulars! This is actually turning out to be very close and there aren't any runaways anywhere.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
1. Assasin's Creed: Revelations
2. Arkham City
3. Gears of War 3
4. Portal 2
5. Dead Space 2 (that came out this year right?)

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I'm just not borrowing a Wii from my friend, so I haven't hopped on Skyward Sword yet (not that it matters).

1) Skyrim
2) Skyward Sword
3) Arkham City
4) Uncharted 3
5) Gears of War 3

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
10-6 are looking pretty concrete.

the front 4 are less so, especially the top 2.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Less than a week, Travis and I have already started on some works.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I started thinking about what I would vote for, and then I realized I only played one game that came out this year. Oops.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Need to beat Zelda before the deadline. Can you give me a definite cutoff date?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Says December 11th you fungo. Once I get Andrew's vote yours might be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, so as long as I get one.