The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Do you like the art style in Skyward Sword?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
People are bitching about the art style already! I think it looks great! What do you guys think?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I said yes, because while I wasn't a big fan of the cel shaded graphics in that wind waker, and the ds games, it still does look nice and given the wii graphic capabilities it will probably look better than what they could pull off with realistic graphics.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Yes. Here we have a mix between Twilight Princess Graphics and Wind Waker Graphics. To be honest even though it's cel-shaded it is still closer to TP than WW. It's gonna be GRATE

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
It's Zelda. It's going to be incredible. Wind Waker took a lot of heat with its graphics, but I thought it was a great-looking game. Twilight Princess was a great-looking game in itself, and now you're combining the two graphics, which I love. The gameplay today was a bit choppy thanks to 'wireless interference,' but it's going to turn out great. It looks like a lot of fun.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
"WIND WAKER LOOKS SHITTY WHAT IS THIS A KIDS CARTOON"

"TWILIGHT PRINCESS IS SO DARK AND GLOOMY! WHERE ARE ALL THE PRETTY COLORS!?"

"WHAT ARE ALL THESE COLORS ITS TOO BRIGHT WHERE IS MY BROWN"

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Pretty much! People should just admit that Zelda games are the best games and there's no use bitching about them, because you're going to end up playing and loving them one way or another.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
It's true. I'm still going to play it even if I think it looks hokey.

It's fucking Zeruda.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
So I've been playing Twilight Princess for fun lately, and it got me wondering about something else. Both TWW and TP did a lot for progressing character's emotions in the game, and twilight princess actually has some pretty well written dialogue for the most part.

What would be your opinion on voices in Zelda? Do you like it where it is with the text based conversations with the occasional sound or would you be interested in seeing the game fully voiced?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think I'd rather read text than listen to stupid voice acting.

Then again I'm not a fan of voice acting in vidya games at all, I think it takes out some of the mystery of characters and also can make certain characters (more) irritating depending on their voice acting. Look at god damn Phil and Lil in that Lost Odyssey, without voice acting they would have been a lot more tolerable.

I say NO VOICE ACTING.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
I don't know. I think sometimes the voice acting can just drag the game out.

It's fine in cinemas, but in regular game play, I want to read, and move on.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I think it would be cool if they recorded Japanese voice overs, and you could have the option of disabling them. But Link has to remain silent.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
He's so full of mystery, and that's what makes him hot... I mean...erm..........

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I guess I'll reserve judgment on this until after I play other m. They givin Samus a voice and I don't think it's that bad of an idea if done well.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
At this point, far of the Zelda legacy is just reading the text, which, overall, has been some great dialogue. I don't think a Zelda game will ever have any voice acting. And no, Link will never talk.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I remember that Starfox 64 had voices in it and I almost shit my pants

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX