To All Those That Have Played FFVIII

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
What happens if you don't manage to make it onto the Lunatic Pandora when you're in Esthar and Squall is up in space?

Cause I didn't.

In my defense, I was playing PSP on the elliptical at the gym.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think it means you have to go find it somewhere else. Im not sure if there is any negative consequences or not.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Travis is my new friend replacing Logan.

That's what I figured, because it let me go on to the next section in the space station. Rinoa just started doing her "Weekend at Burnies" impression, then I saved.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
You're a good Logan!

Where's Bayli?

I want to hug both of the Cook's.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
How?

I has no xbox, or MAHVEL!

I'M THE SNUGGLER!

Ckff71up

Deku Sprout
Mar 27, 2011
VIII is a very good game in terms of character development, but as a whole..it's no where near as good imo as IV, VI and X.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
VIII is a very good game in terms of character development, but as a whole..it's no where near as good imo as IV, VI and X.

I canNOT believe you didn't add VII to that list.

I am enjoying it so far, and I like it because it is in the Final Fantasy realm, but I did enjoy X better [than VIII]. However, I haven't played 4 or 6. I do listen to the 6 soundtrack at work often though.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
If FFVI had FFVII's presentation, it'd be like the best game ever.

Materia and Espers are both good systems.
FFVI has a slight edge in characters. I like Cloud a lot more than Terra (in their games at least), but FFVI has a great supporting cast.
FFVI has the better villain and far better story tho.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
FFVI had a great story, but I think Sephiroth was a far better villain mostly because I could never take Kefka seriously especially since he was dressed as a clown. Granted he did more in your face than Sephiroth did.

Sephiroth was more about mind games against Cloud, and the player itself. For a good part of the game you doubted what parts of the story and your character were real because of what Sephiroth said.

I found FFVI had simply way too many characters which would make it harder for players to care about each one of them.

But at least FFVI had an ending because FFVII sure as hell didnt.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
FFVI had a great story, but I think Sephiroth was a far better villain mostly because I could never take Kefka seriously especially since he was dressed as a clown. Granted he did more in your face than Sephiroth did.

Sephiroth was more about mind games against Cloud, and the player itself. For a good part of the game you doubted what parts of the story and your character were real because of what Sephiroth said.

I found FFVI had simply way too many characters which would make it harder for players to care about each one of them.

But at least FFVI had an ending because FFVII sure as hell didn't.

I'll agree with all of the above, but by the time I sort of got past the "revelation" in FF7, Sephiroth wasn't really much of a menace. He was kind of a crazy jerk more than the kind of "oppressor of the world" that Kefka was.

I'll also agree with the too many characters problem, but that isn't that big of a deal really. Just look at Mass Effect 2 with its 12 characters. You can only take two with you and a few of them are garbage, but a lot of them are really awesome. Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, MOG, Cyan, Strago/Relm, were all great characters!

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003

But at least FFVI had an ending because FFVII sure as hell didnt.

*sigh*

I love Final Fantasy VII so much. It makes me weepy.

X does that to me as well. Why couldn't they just stay with their lovers forever?

:sadfrog:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
fuck ur romance

let's manly this thread up DOLPH LUNDGREN STYLE

[video=youtube;WM9ffYf3qYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM9ffYf3qYE[/video]