TVii

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
This is pretty nifty. Allows me to be ultra lazy, and it will be cool to be able to talk to people on the gamepad while watching sports/shows/movies live.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Basically a fancy guide similar to whats on your TV box already. But you can set your favorite tv shows/sports teams/movies and it will let you see when they are coming on next. You can also see what shows are playing right now (just seems to be the most popular ones), but also has a normal guide layout that shows all the channels on your provider. It also gives you the option to view shows/movies on the downloaded apps (except netflix which is supposed to be coming soon).

Dish Network guide is slow as shit for me and searching is a huge pain in the ass, so this is a good alternative to me since its so much easier to find what I want to watch. The sports thing will be interesting when they allow you to chat with other people watching. Right now, you can see your favorite teams schedules and scores.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Can you actually watch it on your gamepad or is it just like the Wii U Remote but for your cable/satellite/whatever box

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Just a remote. Basically an enhancement of the TV remote function that was on there before. It goes to the TV Tag on the gamepad when you go to a show or whatever, but none seem to work yet. I assume this is where you would be chatting with others.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So I see they updated this recently where now during sports it asks you what your predictions are for the next plays, or who do you think will score next, or if this drive will result in a touch down, punt, field goal, or other. Every right answer gives you points, and you are shown your average percent correct compared to everyone else playing. It's an ingeniously fun way to watch sports.

My only issues was a couple times it didn't update fast enough to see the question before it timed out (you get 10 seconds to answer). Also if you are in one of the play highlights making a comment or drawing a picture, you won't know there is a question being asked either. Otherwise you don't have to pay attention to the Wii U screen because it will beep when a question has been asked.

I generally don't watch a lot of sports, but the update made it a lot of fun to do so. There was quite a few people using TVii as well, so it was always fun to see everyone's comments/drawings, which are generally a lot nicer than you'll find elsewhere on the interwebs. I can't wait to use it for the Super Bowl, and I might actually watch a pro bowl game for once just to use TVii.

As a sidenote, why does TVii have colored drawings, but Miiverse doesn't?! Come on Nintendo!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Wow, that actually sounds like a lot of fun. I gotta start saving for a Wii U.