Wii U Nintendo Direct / Wind Waker HD

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So at today's Nintendo Direct we learned:

• The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD remake which will be released by Fall 2013 (pictures attached).
  • Brand New Zelda is in the works that will address series conventions like "completing the dungeons in a certain order", and to "play by yourself." Whatever that means.
  • Confirmation of a 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros 4 will be shown at E3.
  • Virtual Console coming to Wii U, offers discounts upon upgrading to better versions.
  • Sale of 7 different Nintendo All Star VC titles leading up to VC launch.
  • New Info on Bayonetta 2.
  • Yoshi's Epic Yarn
  • MiiVerse upgrades coming in future updates.
  • Console Hardware improvements coming in Future Updates.
  • GBA coming to VC
  • WiiU Party

Body.png

ib08cl6kbjiAT5.pngibbcXAd1fXCnsb.pngibgQoHz1DDZW9Y.pngibjsZxSkguJkyi.pngibpoWzCGFkQJ8T.png
ibu3nGlzMZICML.png

iiNOlUMaYFVjm.png

ij3w2VgQcgxMN.png

iKnIqLd7Z5h4P.png

iU9lLycYjCTG4.png

Last edited:

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
we knew this was going to happen, but now we know when it's going to happen. Nintendo's Virtual Console will roll out on Wii U this April, beginning with NES and SNES games. Pricing is the same as it was on Wii (around $5/£5), and if you bought the game already you can unlock it on Wii U for $1/99p or so (no prices for other territories yet), which will let you play it on the Gamepad and add Miiverse support. That's a lot of money if you have several Virtual Console games; presumably, if you don't want to pay the extra, you can still play them in Wii mode without Wii U features. There's a nice introductory trial campaign, too, offering various NES games for $0.30 for 30 days.

Wii U News Explosion: New Zelda, Mario, More - IGN

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
fire emblem x shin megami tensei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/emgeMj13cxg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
i'm still freaking out about wind waker hd. oh my god i hate nintendo i'm never going to have any money ever

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I wonder if they are going to update the travel sections ala Phantom Hourglass. That's the only part of the game I didn't like.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I definitely will be getting a Wii U soon.

Oooh, they could make it so a second player can use the gamepad as a the tingle tuner!

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
remember that wii u leaked list of games and it said bayonetta 2
and then when they announced it on nintendo direct we shit our pants

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pUbgRxf3fLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>