Wiki?

Should the website convert to the wiki format?

• Total voters

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Should the site convert to the wiki format is basically what this thread is about? As is, I am at school full time, or work full time, which leaves me very little time to really do anything on the website, other than visiting it during school.

Now obviously the benefits of a wiki are going to be that people can edit it to correct things that are wrong, or add their own personal "flair" to it. In the end I feel this would help the site moreso than anything I can really do at this point in time.

However, I'm not sure how you prevent assholes from editing, deleting, or otherwise just crapping all over wiki pages, but maybe someone here understands how it works better? Either way, I'm asking what you guys want to do, as I feel this would be a group effort, at least in the maintaining of the wiki.

Vote.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I agree that it would be a better idea if any of us wanted to edit anything. I too am starting school full time.

I THINK there's a system whereby changes made have to be confirmed? I'm not sure.

Mitch

The Big Dog
Sep 13, 2007
I am rather indifferent to what you do to the site. It seems that you are aiming more for the wiki idea yourself, so go ahead and do it.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I aim for change because it makes me feel like I'm making progress with the success (or lack of) with the site. Of course, all of that probably stems from missing the days when we got new members, and our "active members" was about twice as much as what we have now.

Sure I would like to have a wiki, as that would at least make it easier on ME, but of course that's just theory and in the real world it might make it harder, who knows. But if it turns out people don't want one, and/or have a lack of effort to try to maintain it, then it would all be a lost cause in the first place.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
i think you should let us be able to do stuff.

not other jabronis

i barely read what you're saying, so maybe i didnt understand what you're getting at.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I would be pretty opposed to just random people editing it at whim, unless there is a way to moderate submissions.

A preferred method (in my opinion at the very least) is that it would be set up with accounts that used the forums database so people who are registered here would be registered on it and be able to make more changes than Mr. Anonymous or people with no/few posts.

However, that would be something I'd have to look into, as that is really *my* only concern with a Wiki; how to control someone from mindlessly editing and deleting.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
UNSC Force - The Only Halo Fansite on Earth Where the Webmaster Won't Have Halo 3 on Day One!

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
or how about UNSC FORCE - the only halo...meh too lazy to finish this!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I would if you would buy it for me.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
man, I couldn't get it working right. lol I'm lazy