New Nintendo system in 2012. Reportedly more powerful than 360 and PS3

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Well duh.

I am currently the champ on cool stuff, stories, and bros.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I posted in that OoT thread just today that this is what I wanted! Great!

Now just de-shit-ify your online nintendo and my interest will be piqued.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
- Recent Unreal Engine Tech Demo Detail + Zelda = All my dreams come true.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Of course you'd say that. Grim-dark Mc-Shoot Von Realism the Third.

I can't find my comic that I wanted to post but fuck you nonetheless.

Don't ruin more of my franchises!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
- Recent Unreal Engine Tech Demo Detail + Zelda = All my dreams come true.

I said "detail" not "style". Nice reading comprehension there, champ.

If the Wii 2 or HD or whatever is capable of rendering with the same amount of DETAIL as the recent Unreal Engine demo I'll be a happy baldy.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
my excitement level for this E3 just went from "meh" to "FUCK!"

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Seriously. If Nintendo wants to compete with the big boys, they need to drop this "friend code!" bullshit and get with the times. You'll continue to lag behind Microsoft and Sony with no online option. It's that simple.

However, I'll add this as well. IF Nintendo turns out to be able to run the same games as Microsoft and Sony down the road, they'll eventually catch up and probably begint to lead the console race. Let's say that all three major companies release new consoles, and Nintendo is able to run any of them, as well as have online play, all that separates the consoles is their exclusive titles.

Let's face it: Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc. > Everything else

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
jayszelda.jpg

Jay pictured in the first frame.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Nintendo needs to find a way to move third party software. The Wii's hardware sales have always been high, higher than both PS3 and X360, and their first party games sell well. But Nintendo has ALWAYS had trouble getting good third party support. The reports say they're trying very hard to get good third party support, a serious step in the right direction. Zelda and Mario are great and all but they can only take a system so far.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Jay pictured in the first frame.

hyruleField-noscale.jpg

^ PERFECT style for Zelda.

If this news is true though I wouldn't be surprised if Skyward Sword got delayed so they could do a dual Wii/Wii HD launch like they did for TP.

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Honestly, who cares about third party support on Nintendo consoles anymore? While it was great in the old days of N64 with RARE and the SNES with all those games, now I just buy Nintendo console just for Nintendo games and I doubt this is gonna change anytime in the near future.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Now, we have our first reports about the controller and the system's graphical power. CVG has spoken to a source in the in the industry who said that the new console's controller is not just an upgraded Wii remote, but a much more advanced piece of hardware that will feature a built-in HD screen.

MAKE. A. FUCKING. NORMAL. CONTROLLER. GOD. DAMNIT.

DISNIGGAANGRY.gif