A Link Between Worlds

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Just beat it (and 100%'d it) and I have to say it's easily the best handheld Zelda, and I would probably place it near my top 5 if not in. The music is awesome, the graphics are pretty good although Link looks kinda weird.

Some of my opinions having just completed it:
  • You can do any dungeon you want in any order, so this means you get access to every item in the game pretty early on. Stipulation is you rent them and lose them upon death. Eventually you can just buy the items and don't have to worry about losing them anymore.
  • Game is really easy, and finding heart pieces and other collections is really easy without any guides. Only a couple of the Maiamais (of the 100 you can find) might you need to look up to find. Other than that, I never needed to look at a guide for the heart pieces or upgrades.
  • Limited to only 1 item you can use (besides sword) until you find a pouch about halfway through the game, then you can use two items. Still seems kind of restricting since I don't think Y or X are used for anything.
  • "Paper" Zelda is an awesome feature and I enjoyed using it.
  • Dungeons felt really small. Most didn't really take that long to complete. Chests in dungeons were usually rupees but there was usually two big chests for boss key and then one for some kind of upgrade (tunics, titan's gloves, etc). No Dungeon maps to found, just compass.
  • A lot of the dungeon bosses are the same or similar to ones from Link to the Past.
  • The Coliseum is awesome as ever.
  • No fishing, but has baseball.
Definitely buy if you can.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
As awesome as this game seems to be, I think I'll get Pokemon first just for the longevity. Now that you've finished it what would you say the replayability is like?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Well it unlocks hero mode when you beat the game, so you can always do that. Of course like any Zelda game it has plenty of sidequests which I took the time to do before the final dungeon. Honestly, I would have to guess Pokemon is probably a longer game though.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I just picked this up today and I am loving the shit out of it.

EDIT:

• Limited to only 1 item you can use (besides sword) until you find a pouch about halfway through the game, then you can use two items. Still seems kind of restricting since I don't think Y or X are used for anything.

I think you can do that anytime. I was running through the forest and I found it on a stump after the first dungeon

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Oh okay, I thought you had to have gotten to a certain point, so I guess as soon as you can enter Lorule you can get it.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I'm still playin it but I've had a lot of fun with it. I don't like how weapons are accessible at the beginning though. :[

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Yeahhhhhhh, I'm kinda 50/50 on it. Kinda nice you have all the items you need when you want to get like a heart piece or whatever and not needing to backtrack later, but at the same time kinda ruins the dungeons since there really isn't any special items (except the unlockables that are in some of the dungeons) so no real since of accomplishment.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Finally got a lot of the songs downloaded, so going to upload them later

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Also since I don't use my original 3ds anymore, I'm tempted to send it off to get a capture device installed into it. HMMM

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
I like how Hilda's first words were, "Here's my sorrowful welcome to Lorule. I am sorry I have failed you in every way."
If that's not me I don't know what is.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
This was a great game, I'd be massively disappointed if all handheld zeldas didn't continue to follow this simple, yet deep design.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
I am forever in love with this game. I 100% it. I loved it. Everything about it. ALTHOUGH I am curious about some people I WONT MENTION and how THEYY are ALL doing!! You know what I mean????????

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Not really. Took you long enough to beat though, gah! I don't think Bayli has beat yet so I still can't post any spoilers. :oops: