Aonuma Hints that May Not Have Been Link in Newest Trailer

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Kind of weird they showed "Link" without his classic tunic. It reminded me of a link to the past era Link due to the hair color mostly. The magical stuff, like the arrow, I'm not sure where that would fit in the timeline.

linkwiiu.jpg Click for big pic.
To me his/her face is rather feminine, but those are man hands. It could go either way! :confused:

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I'm so hung up on thinking it's Zelda because they're wielding a bow, like she usually does!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
The clear shot you get of the face is decidedly feminine. To be honest, watching the trailer this morning, I got a female vibe from it. Then I just saw the face and thought "well link looks weird." Then again, if you look at this in the "it's a girl light", it doesn't look as weird.

The body has a more feminine form imo, boobs or not Travis.

zeldawiiu.jpg

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Those armbands look like Ganondorf's from OoT.

Edit: Also, I just read some interesting theories that this could be the offspring of Link and Zelda from Skyward Sword.

Last edited:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Meanwhile, speaking with MMGN, Aonuma clarified that his earlier comment about the character in the trailer not being Link was more of a joke.

“Actually that comment I made jokingly,” he said. “It’s not that I said that it wasn’t Link. It’s that I never said that it was Link. It’s not really the same thing, but I can understand how it could be taken that way.”

Aonuma also stated that he doesn’t want people to focus too much on Link’s appearance in the game.

“I don’t want people to get hung up on the way Link looks because ultimately Link represents the player in the game,” he said. “I don’t want to define him so much that it becomes limiting to the players. I want players to focus on other parts of the trailer and not specifically on the character because the character Link represents, again, the player.”

[Sauce]

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I just wish they had shown a little more of it. I hope they at least have a direct soon that shows a bit more.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I love the look of this game, but another example of Nintendo's love for BLOOM on Wii U games.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Jesus Christ it's been two years since that trailer? This game has been delayed forever!