DEBATE TEIM! Best game ever?

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Oh the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson! How could I be so idiotic?!
mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

mask_shaq.jpg

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
Chris is the 12 year old "YEAH PLAY ME IN ONE ON ONE SEE WHAT HAPPENS" attitude kind of guy. Andrew is the ultimate team player. Be more like Andrew and less like DIM, Chris.

ok.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Translation: MY STYLE IS PARFACT MAYUN WHY THE HAYULL WOULD I LISTEN TO UR ASS!? U SEE HOW MANY GAHT DAYUMN KEELS I ROLL IN? I MIGHT AS WALE BE KAHL GAWD DAYUMN FRANKLAN LOOOK AT THEM HADE SHOTS! WOO I HAVE REACHED HALO PARFACTION!

FiOth

Dedicated Gamer
May 10, 2011
For me, it's Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn 1998). I might have enjoyed some games more than it - very, very few to be precise - but for what it did back in its day there was no way of getting any better. The PD universe is as diverse as it is mysterious, the characters are fantastic, the drama intense - without comic relief EVERYWHERE just because it's supposedly an Eastern RPG - the scenario is serious and full of interesting events and the combat is great.

There is very little to be found in terms of "problems" in this title since it nailed down most of the problems of the genre and addressed them: No insane encounter rate, no endless fetch quests, no tons of obsolete gear everywhere. Everything in PDS had its purpose as much as every and each one of its characters had a specific role to play in the events.

Real shame that so few people got to experience it...

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
FiOth knows his stuff. Panzer Dragoon's the shit.

My vote for "Best Game Ever" (not favorite game ever) would probably go to Phantasy Star II.

Yes, it's dated. I still play it regularly.

I'll play it on my deathbed.

If we're looking at games post 1990 with flashy graphics and high tech thingamajigs, then I'd probably drop my pants in a toss up between Persona 3 and Shenmue.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;ZWuNf4gxwuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWuNf4gxwuM[/video]

FiOth

Dedicated Gamer
May 10, 2011
FiOth knows his stuff. Panzer Dragoon's the shit.

If we're looking at games post 1990 with flashy graphics and high tech thingamajigs, then I'd probably drop my pants in a toss up between Persona 3 and Shenmue.

I already told you you get t3h respect TOP! This is a needless gesture! ;)

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
15cycm1.gif

Jack Thompson would call someone out on something like that seeing as he has no grasp of the law or constitution and that's the reason he's been disbarred.

BaZING

FiOth

Dedicated Gamer
May 10, 2011
15cycm1.gif

Jack Thompson would call someone out on something like that seeing as he has no grasp of the law or constitution and that's the reason he's been disbarred.

BaZING

Spending so much texting energy to state something about the creature in question gives it too much credit matie.

Drow Oblivion

Deku Scrub
Jul 3, 2011
For me the I would have to pick either Final Fantasy III on the SNES (I think it was FF VI in japan) or Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on SNES.

Final Fantasy III had Shadow, he was a freakin ninja.... A NINJA.... nuff said

Legend of Zelda had the Triforce, The Master Sword, Gannon and a Light and Dark World

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
In terms of sheer story, I go with Alan Wake all the way. I doubt there has been any other game that actually drew me in to the story like Alan Wake, kept me invested, and made me genuinely NEED to advance the game to find out what was about to happen. And the ending (not DLC, they did nothing for the story)!!! Perfect!!!

But, in terms of an RPG.....I would go with Lunar: The Silver Star. Great characters and you have to love any translation by WD. And how can you beat a game that has a miniature dragon that replies to one man with "I have a bugger on my paw, and I need to wipe it!".

macandy13

Deku Scrub
Jul 8, 2011
gotta be Goldeneye for the N64 ;)

could sit and go through favorite game for each genre but don't wanna bore your asses