Final Fantasy XIII-2

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I ain't seen too much FF10 hate, except for the laughing scene. You know that one. Most people I see at least seem to like FF10. Which is good because anybody who dislikes that game is a fucking monster.

FF7 seems to be the one people think it's cool to hate on. Because it's the most popular I guess.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Only bad part about FF7 is lack of ending. Overworld graphics are kinda wonky, but weren't that bad for the time. Gameplay, music, and story was some of the best easily.

Part of FF7's hate could be from Square (Enix)'s decision to turn Cloud into a huge whiny emo-boy which was nothing like he was in the game except for the 10 minutes when you have to go rescue him in the lifestream. Hell, he even bangin Tifa right before you defeat Sephiroth. No idea why they insisted on making him still mopey in all further sequels and prequels.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Nah I reckon it's mostly people just hatin' on popular stuff.

They just put FF8 out on Steam...ain't played that in about 10 years so might be worth a revisit. Can't remember much about it. The Steam version comes with a "magic booster" that lets you click a button and get 100 of some powerful magic in your inventory...so basically god mode.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I don't remember, but it couldn't be worse than 13-2

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
You're right, it's not.
Eight is bad, but it's no 13-2 bad. I tried for the longest time to like Eight, and even lied to myself that it was somewhat decent.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Final Fantasy 10 was great besides the mostly atrocious voice acting.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
I'll agree. I thoroughly enjoyed the game! and still DO.. wish my PS3 worked so I could play the HD one .-.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I think in the HD remake you can play it with the Japanese voices so you don't have to listen to Tidus

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I always called him TY-DUS until Dissidia came out and everyone called him TEE-DUS. Same with ZA-DAWN instead of ZI-DANE like his name is spelled.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
lmao, don't get Logan started on that. Also, I can't wait tooo seee/play it!... one day :(

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Well FF7 and 8 were on sale on Steam so I bought those motherfuckers.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah but it's a christmas sale of some description and basically everything's cheap

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Well FF8 might not be the greatest but damn it sure has some pretty good music! Probably the best in the series.

And Quistis is a slammin' hottie.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
your MOOOOOM

wait that doesn't sound right

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
So there's a demo for Lightning Returns up, it seems cool! The battle system is instantly amazing. And dat customization.