FOOTBALL

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Well we're like 5 weeks from college football kickoff. NFL training camps have started and preseason is really close. So if you wanna talk football for the next 6 months this should probably be the place to do it.

don't expect any posts from :andrew: as he knows nothing.

also as a side note, all pro football 2k8 features :oj: . now theres a team called the assassins in the game, and everytime you score while playing as the assassins, the giant robot above the scoreboard in the sweatshirt and ski mask makes a stabbing action. so if you put :oj: on this team, and score, it's quite humorous.

Anyway, back to real football.

As far as NFL goes, I'd say division champs are gonna be Broncos, Ravens, Patriots, Colts, Rams, Vikings, Cowboys, and Saints. Wild cards go to Chargers, Bengals, 49ers, and Giants. NFC Wild Cards are much harder to predict, because just like every year, they're gonna have a bunch of average teams. You could go with Bears, Packers, Panthers, Seahawks, Eagles, and outside shots on Falcons, Bucs, or Cardinals. With the AFC, the only other teams I could see in Wild Card are the Steelers, Chiefs, and Jets. So yeah, Super Bowl. I'm goin with Patriots over Cowboys. Then again I've picked the Patriots every year since 2003, so what do I know?

As far as my team goes, 15 minutes ago I woulda said 5-11 or worse, but looking at the schedule, I don't see how we do any worse than that. Between 5-7 wins, most of those coming early in the season.

Surprisingly I realized today that I hadn't given any thought whatsoever to college football on a national scale, so I spent the morning thinkin about that. So I came up with major conference champions being Virginia Tech, Michigan, Texas, Louisville, Southern Cal, and LSU. I had a hard time with deciding on the Big Ten and Big 12 champs since Michigan and Texas are notorious choke-artists, but damn they're SO stacked. So two of those six are gonna be in the national championship. LSU and VT actually play each other, so you have to think one of em will get in. So imma go with LSU vs USC, and LSU wins. Incidentally, a la the Patriots, I've picked an SEC team to be in the national championship every year since 2003 as well, but I've only picked them to win once. So...yeah.

South Carolina? I'm goin for 9-3. It sucks cause if this year's team had last year's schedule, they'd be conference champs easy, but going to LSU, Arkansas, Georgia, and Tennessee while also hosting Florida, plus playing Clemson and at UNC out of conference is rough. But yeah, we win the other five games plus Clemson, UNC, and probably Georgia. Plus I've said many times that we won't lose a home game to Florida while Spurrier's here so I have to stick with that.

So yeah. That's all I've got right now.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
We're missing a perfectly good game of FOOTBAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!

I got nuthin

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
BT-soccer-gallery_artwork_thumb-264.jpg

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
bet you would since all 17 of your teams are gonna suck.

lol this thread is gonna be full of ALOT of shittalk.

Link182

The Assman
Nov 10, 2003
17 teams? I like the Bucs in the NFL, and Clemson, FSU, and Tennessee in NCAA. And you can't tell me that your Titans will do better than the Bucs.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
...and alabama. and dont you have a tulane hat? anyway i was just kiddin around

and guess we'll find out when we beat your ass week 6.

Link182

The Assman
Nov 10, 2003
lol. That Tulane hat hasn't fit me in like 4 years. But yeah I like them too.

Anyway, our defense always shut down Vick and Vince Young = Mike Vick Jr.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
only he's good.

but yeah we'll probably lose. i just wanted to see kind of reaction i could get out of you.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
well ya better hope he doesn't totally suck since rice got his ass cut.

HE WILL!

Link182

The Assman
Nov 10, 2003
Rice didn't get cut because he sucks, he got cut because our front office is incompetent.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
This is like the one thread I'm not fucking up with my post volume

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
good.

no i was talkin about adams.

and he'll probably be good.