Halo: Reach

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
I think we play about half of each, but I guess it mostly depends on how many people we have playing.

Griffball is the best mode though.

Anyone else besides me like swat? I like it because I'm usually better at spotting people first than putting 5 or 6 bullets into them before they turn and do the same to me because they jump around like bunnies and I choke - or they have a friend come.

I have a real problem with the auto aiming and that reticle in this game. The auto aiming usually makes me over compensate, and the reticle just seems inaccurate.

I'm pretty awful at Halo, but seem to do at least halfway decent in Swat. I like it also because people can't just rely on the radar to be their eyes. Maybe I just need some tips and adjusting my sensitivity, or maybe ill just always suck shit at halo games.

And bronson, yeah ill look at it when I get a chance. It wasn't uploaded yet unfortunately when I got off last night.

Right there with you on the auto aiming and swat and stuff. Wish you could turn off auto aim help and/or use a mouse/keyboard.(Granted the latter would definitely be an advantage imo).

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
It's the best one since Halo:CE in my opinion.

Grifball is a blast!

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Grifball was better on Halo 3, imo.

I don't know where I'd rank this game between the last two games. I feel it has the weakest maps of any of the games. I don't know. I have the feeling it won't hold my attention like Halo 2 and Halo 3 did.

Halo 1 is obviously the best.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
This blows Halo 3 out of the water, imo. I don't remember playing that much Halo 3. I think we went at it for a month or so, and pretty much just stopped. The multiplayer holds a lot more ground than Halo 3, but Bronson is right in saying the maps aren't as good. They really aren't. I mean, most of the time I find myself cringing at the combination of the gametype and map we end up playing.

SWAT is probably my favorite gametype. Big fan of the DMR in this game, and no radar is always a plus in my book because every kid out there can no longer just sit around and GO, "LOL A RED DOT COMING AT ME, HE'S MINE!" Not in the sense that it helps both sides, because it does, but I just know that's what most of these people are thinking when they have radar, which pisses me off.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I think it's funny how Logan and Chris are always talking about how great they game is, then when we get online it's all "I HATE THIS, I HATE THAT". LAWLZ

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Thank you for your interest in participating. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the program. The program will officially start within the next two weeks. Until then, please be patient and check back on this site often for the latest updates.

Cool. Did it give everyone else this message?

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
ACCEPTED.

I don't know. I didn't hate Halo 3. There were things that pissed me off. I stuck with it for about a year. The competitive side of it made it decent.

To me, the gameplay itself (physics, weaponry, etc.) is so similar in Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach that the only thing that differentiates the games value are the maps. Halo 2 had great maps. Lockout, Midship, Beaver Creek, Warlock, and Sanctuary were amazing. Granted, two of those were remakes, but still. There were several other maps (Ivory Tower, Backwash, Elongation) that weren't great, but were serviceable.

After DLC and Forge-friendly maps like Foundry and Sandbox, quality of play in Halo 3 went way up. The on-disc maps were iffy. The Pit, Guardian, and Construct were great. Blackout, Cold Storage, Assembly, and Narrows were decent. People made some amazing maps on Foundry and Sandbox. The Midship remake looked good in the videos I saw. Not as great as the original, but really solid.

This game needs some absolute killer DLC. Asylum is great, but not original. It's just a remake of one of the best maps in the series. Countdown is decent. Zealot has a couple of flaws that kill what could've been a good map. The Cage can be good without jetpacks. Reflection is the same as it was in Halo 2. Not great. Not awful. After that, what's good? Sword Base? Powerhouse? Boardwalk? Disappointing. Logan says they're remaking Wizard/Warlock. That's a start, but I need to see more before I rank this game ahead of any of its predecessors.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Im gonna laugh when we still cant party chat and the only thing this does for you guys is take it away from y'all.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I downloaded remakes of Damnation, Lockout, and Prisoner. The screenshots look really good. I'd like to try them at least in some 3v3's or something just to see if they play like the old ones.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
MLG released version one of its maps and gametypes. Among the changes they've made to the default maps is blocking off the space area in Zealot! No armor loudouts on spawn. Armor Lock, Jetpack, and Hologram are spread around the map like equipment in Halo 3. You can't pick them up off a dead body, though. They respawn at the default spot after the holder's body has disappeared off the map. Other minor changes to Asylum, Countdown, and Reflection. Seems decent. Nothing major other than the change to Zealot.

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Forge:
mega_awesomel.jpg

[video=youtube;sdpFjPUuVOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpFjPUuVOA[/video]

And I like how this assassination looks combined with how this scenario turned out, lol.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1869333&player=Mysta

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
If you did not sign up for the #Xbox Preview Program last week, we are no longer accepting sign-ups sorry! about 10 hours ago via TweetDeck
If you did sign up and were accepted, you may want to turn on your #Xbox later today ;) about 10 hours ago via TweetDeck

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
In the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program? Wondering where the update is? I can't give a time, but it's coming... soonish. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck