Hardest Achievement you ever earned?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So what's the hardest achievement/trophy you've earned in a game? I've earned some stupid ones like all of them in that Ninety Nine Nights game which boiled down to me pressing y for about 20 hours straight.

Hardest I'd say was the freaking treasure hunter achievement in final fantasy xiii. It was god awful. It took 100 hours just to get to the point where I had enough money and equipment to get the achievement. Then when I finally tried it, I had about five beers and had about 13 papers stapled together crossing them off a list with a magic marker. I felt like fred willard in the mancierge skit!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/we0vdGlCviM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/we0vdGlCviM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What about you guys?

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Kamikaze Highway for Heavy Rain!!!!

That thing was hard as BALLS!

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Going way back, but that seven-day survivor shit on Dead Rising is insane. You have to play for 14 hours straight! No saves, health slowly dropping, so you can't just hide and leave your system on.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Any of the Final Fantasy 11 achievements and I have 18 of those.

I have all of you beat.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Any of the Final Fantasy 11 achievements and I have 18 of those.

I have all of you beat.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
getting 100% of the achievements on arkham asylum. getting a gold on every challenge was a bitch

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Man, I was wrong back in the summer. 14 hours? Bullshit. More like 20+ That, your health is slowly depleting, can't save/turn the game off, have to keep moving, bosses respawn, etc. Yeah, I'd say that was a good pick.

Oh, and L4D 2's The Real Deal.

Oh, and I remember talking to Andrew and Logan about this one way back. Mega Man 10's Mr.Perfect. Beat the game without taking any damage?! Has anyone even gotten this?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
i actually had a save that was about 40 percent done for mr perfect but I never transferred it from my old xbox.

it was a bitch.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;jRc5kXDfuPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRc5kXDfuPo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Not as impressive as the other ones mentioned here, but 5-starring every song on Expert in GH3 was probably the hardest one I've ever gotten.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Achievement.aspx

DrazorHellDra

Deku Sprout
Mar 23, 2011
The hardest achievement I've ever gotten was getting the quota points in Halo 3 on every stage cuz of the skulls I had to turn on in order to multiply the points up.

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
This is a hard one to decide on...

I remember Miracle! in NHL 2k7 being a LOT harder than it should have been, but I wouldn't say it was the hardest... no...

Walk Free and Wheelie Rider in GTA IV were EXTREMELY hard for me since I'm terrible at GTA, so I'm proud of those.

Monster Nerd in Tales of Vesperia was probably my most time consuming one... I'm still working to try to get Vesperia Master in that game.

Got it.

Yatta! In Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. That achievements is a total bastard.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I miss Tales of Vesperia ;_; Only played through it once but I thought it was a pretty good game.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I will kiss someone's ass on main street if they get 1000/1000 on Super Street Fighter IV.