Joe

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So if I kill you, I have sex with your mother?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Try Joe's Bicep Blaster Workout!

Start off with 3 sets of 21's. That's like regular curls, except you do 7 reps from the bottom to halfway up, then 7 reps halfway up to the top, then 7 full reps. Do this with as heavy a dumbbell as you can handle, but trust me you'll be going light. The full reps BURN. And RIP. And other words like that! Do one arm at a time.

Next, do a set of hammer curls. That's when you start the curl with your palm facing your leg, instead of in front of you, and you twist the palm during the curl so it ends like a regular one. Go for about 12 reps, alternating arms.

Then, do a set of wide-grip barbell curls. Put your elbows as close to your body as possible, and use a wide grip. Doing this works both heads of the bicep more than just regular curls, making the muscle both wider and taller. To finish, superset the hammer curls and wide-grip curls, that is, do a set of hammer curls, then a set of wide-grip curls. Do 3 or 4 sets of each, depending on how much juice you've got left in the tank.

In no time at all you'll have great big bulging guns. I should note that you should be doing biceps on the same day as your back, and you should be doing your back FIRST. The bicep assists in most of the back exercise motions, and if the biceps are already exhausted, your back won't get as much of a workout, and your back is more important than your biceps.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Ok, Natalie requested a workout plan, so here goes.

Right, so you want to tone up. That just means losing some fat. You can't lift weights to make muscles more 'defined' - muscle definition is just how little fat covers the muscles.

So, to lose fat, you gotta do cardio! You said you hate running, as we all do, but frankly there's no better cardio than running. But, if you can find a pool, swim. It's probably the second best cardio. Swim for 30-45 minutes, or longer if you're up to it, 3 times a week. Keep in mind that if you can do an activity for more than about an hour, you need to ramp up the intensity. An elliptical is also good, because it basically puts zero stress on your joints, and lets you pump out some HIIT, which is better for fat burning. You can do cardio more than 3 times a week if you want. You can do it 7 days a week, but hell, who wants to do that? Just make sure you're actually working hard.

You'll also want to be lifting some weights. Trust me, women look better toned. You're not gonna turn into a grotesque female bodybuilder. You'll look better with a bit of muscle. So let's type out a program you can try.

Monday - cardio.
Tuesday - do squats, reverse lunges, pushups, crunches, and planks. 4 sets of each. They're in the video I posted above.
Wednesday - cardio.
Thursday - get some dumbbells and do overhead press, dumbbell curls, lying tricep extensions, and if you have a pullup bar, do pullups/chinups. 4 sets of 10-12 reps for each.
Friday - cardio.
Saturday - rest, or cardio if you want to.
Sunday - same as saturday.

Give it a try!