Most Disappointing Final Bosses/Finales ever?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Any final encounter or climax of a game ever disappoint you profoundly? You know, a lot of build up for something extremely lame or cheesy?

The standout in my mind is Morrowind. Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, but it was just the fact that I'd spent so much time in it. It had to have been 80 hours before I continued with the main questline. Then all this badass talk about Dagoth Ur and this big showdown got you all pumped up and then you finally meet him AND...

mw_dagoth-ur.jpg

That's him. Not only does he look like an olympic diver wearing a helium birthday balloon, but you beat his ass and then swing a sword and hammer a few times and BAM GAME OVER. Lame.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
As much as I loved the game, I think everyone will agree:

Fable 2.

:(

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Yeah that one of the worst endings ever. EASY.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Final Fantasy VII

Sephiroth is too easy, and then the game just ends. No ending, just a quick cutscene and you were left to not know what the fuck happened for years until they announced Advent Children.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Ansem in Kingdom Hearts.

I was expecting to die a few times and need to come back to it, nope, took like no skill. Just button mashing.

He didn't even really attack in his final form.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Don't forget Halo 3!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uRo3STpcA70&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uRo3STpcA70&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Halo 3 had a great finale tho. That warthog escape was kickass!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Bioshock and Arkham Asylum make this list too.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Oh yeah, Bioshock was kinda crap.

Gears of War 2 final boss was pretty easy.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Gears of War 2 finale might as well have been a cutscene

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
That ganon at end of twilight princess was kind of dumb too

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Wut.

The entire end battles of that Twilight Princess are GREAT.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I was looking for video but I found this instead:

The peaceful land of Hyrule is being invaded by peace-hating goth dudes from a parallel universe. Only Link, a horse-breeding yokel, has a sword big and sharp enough to stop them.

What you'd expect ...
The leader of the goth dudes claims he gets his power from his "god." It turns out that this god is actually series regular Ganondorf.

And, when Ganondorf is involved, anyone who's played a Zelda game before knows exactly what to expect. He'll fling a fireball or two at you, which you'll deflect with your sword, and he'll then deflect it back at you, and then this will be repeated until you're considering suicide. At this point, he'll forget to deflect it. Then, it'll hit him, shutting down his entire nervous system, and you can wade in with your sword, delivering cutty, meaty justice until he falls, dead, to the floor and then turns into a giant pig monster. And lo, our prophecies come true.

You kill his pig monster form, then Ganondorf tries to kill you from the comfort of his horse, earning himself another slice of hurt. He then, FINALLY, challenges you to a one-on-one sword battle. Bring it on, bitch: We named our character Rambo. We're ready for the ass kicking to end all ass kickings.

What actually happens ...
The sword duel fails to materialize. Perhaps, Ganondorf is depressed by the death of his horse. Maybe, he's embarrassed that this kid in a fairy hat has thwarted him utterly, or just baffled by the fact that this happens every time he tries to do anything. He probably can't even go to the toilet without fighting his way past some tights-clad Hero Of Stopping Ganondorf Having a Piss.

For whatever reason, Ganondorf's lacking motivation. He trudges around the battlefield like a teenager on the way to an interview for a job he doesn't want. He does, to be fair, swing his sword occasionally, but not in a sword fighting way. It's more like a pointer and he's giving a lecture; ranting, perhaps, about blond bastards in green tunics conspiring against him, to a room full of nervous college students. He manages to spin this out for a good few minutes before being decisively impaled.

Even then, he barely changes his fucking expression! We went into this battle expecting Darth Maul, and what we got was C-3PO.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Sounds like a faget wrote that. If u want something CRAZY and challenging, go play Bayonetta or something. Besides, the last thing I expected when I first played TP was 4 fights at the end, so it was totally kickass.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
I liked FFVII's ending. Sephiroth wasn't that easy, I mean the fight took a while. About the ending, I liked the way they left it so open to interpretation.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I hear that bowser fight at end of mario sunshine was dumbest thing ever, but I've never played so I have no idea

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
KOTOR II is another good choice. I think Mega Man 10 was pretty disappointing for me. All three Wily fights were really easy and the ending was pathetic. Plus there was no kewl credit sequence like in 9.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Fighting games have terrible final battles. Seth and naked jello girl from DOA4 can kiss my ASS.