Multiplayer Mass Effect

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Not long ago, a job was advertised at BioWare's Vancouver office detailing a position for a multiplayer lead for a game "set in the Mass Effect universe."

Whether this means some sort of multiplayer for ME3 or some new spinoff all together, what are your thoughts on this? I've talked to Bayli and a few of my friends, and I think done right, it would be pretty awesome.

What if you could invite your friends to your current campaign in which they took control of one of your squadmates? They could help you in battle obviously, and maybe even jump into conversations voicing their own opinions through separate dialogue wheels.

I dunno, I think if done right, it could be something pretty neat. That being said, I wouldn't want to see any Mass Effect deathmatch oriented online multiplayer or something like that. Enough of what I think, what about you guys?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
MMOs = Behind Motion Controls, the number two cancer killing video games.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Probably, It'd be nice to have a good CO-OP RPG for a change though

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
That's what I'm tryin to say!

Why do we have to mess it up with all the massively multiplayer shit? Hell, I'd play a fucking turn based RPG cooperatively just for the HELL OF IT.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
If done right, it could be pretty incredible. The way you described it in your post makes it sound great, but let's just hope it's done that way, or something very similar.

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
That would be awesome!:D I doubt it's an MMO since they're working heavily on SWTOR. Granted I'd love a ME MMO, one of the better scifi universes in my opinion. I'm telling you, you need to look into SWTOR before you bash it, there's companions like in ME, a base hub shiplike in ME, and an entire story line for each different class. That you just so happen to be able to coop with.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I won't lie, if it wasn't cheap turn based cookie-cutter mmo bullshit, I'd play a Mass Effect mmorpg in a heartbeat.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-CDNLYZ0zA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-CDNLYZ0zA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Despite the game being doodoo, Andromeda had good combat.

They literally copy pasted me3s MP function but for some reason, it fucking sucked. What gives