Music.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
What type of music do you like? What about bands, or just singers? Mainstream or underground? Or just listen to the radio?

Link182

The Assman
Nov 10, 2003
Well, there probably isn't a definite genre I could call my favorite; if it sounds good to my ears I like it. I probably listen to classic rock the most, however.

Bands? The Beatles, Rolling Stones, CCR, The Who, Kiss, Guns N' Roses, and Lynyrd Skynyrd are probably my favorite classic rock bands. I can't listen to mainstream American radio - too much crap like hip-hop and rap are polluting the airwaves. I listen mostly to UK mainstream radio - it still has a lot of pop feel to it.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by Link182
Well, there probably isn't a definite genre I could call my favorite; if it sounds good to my ears I like it. I probably listen to classic rock the most, however.

Bands? The Beatles, Rolling Stones, CCR, The Who, Kiss, Guns N' Roses, and Lynyrd Skynyrd are probably my favorite classic rock bands. I can't listen to mainstream American radio - too much crap like hip-hop and rap are polluting the airwaves. I listen mostly to UK mainstream radio - it still has a lot of pop feel to it.

I don't like pop. Classic Rock is really good though. I don't like the stuff that's in right now. Meaning I don't like it because it's popular.

I'm into the underground sort of stuff. The music not on radios or anything but advertise in the real world- like they throw a dart at a map and drive to that city and hand out samplers. I'm into the psychopathic music right now, ICP (Insane Clown Posse), Twiztid, Dark Lotus, Anybody Killa, etc.

Oh yes, ICP is a mixture, it depends on what song they're playing. They're genre ranges from Rap to Christian. It's really...odd. But the music is good.

Last edited:

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I, too, like pretty much any genre of music, right now my favorite bands are Godsmack, evanescence, and stuff... i dunno. i like lots of classic stuff too, like old metallica, ozzy, guns 'n roses, hendrix, etc. also, i really like Joe Satriani.

As a side note, i can't see any of this text as i'm writing it...

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by SuperAfroBoy
I, too, like pretty much any genre of music, right now my favorite bands are Godsmack, evanescence, and stuff... i dunno. i like lots of classic stuff too, like old metallica, ozzy, guns 'n roses, hendrix, etc. also, i really like Joe Satriani.

As a side note, i can't see any of this text as i'm writing it...

I like Godsmack too. My sister is into the Evanescence.

And on the sidenote, I'm sure it's just glitchy for now.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I guess I'd say classic rock, but if it sounds good I'll listen. (That doesn't include rap). I just think a lot of stuff doesn't sound good. FarCry has some pretty goddamn sweet drum beats in it, and Ikaruga has an awesome soundtrack, so I guess you could say I like game music too.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, i love game soundtracks, too. If you haven't yet, you should check out ocremix.org.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
its all about classic rock. specifically, led zeppelin and guns and roses. i could pick about 5 songs between the two of those bands and listen to them the rest of my life. johnny cash is great too.

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rolling Stones, Guns N Roses, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Doobie Brothers, Boston, and The Who.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by Link182

What?

Before the posts scrolled off the side so you couldn't read the entire message, but quoting them put them in the message box so you could read it all. Travis fixed it now so the text stays in view.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
I've been listening to a lot of alternative/classic rock like Guns n' Roses, R.E.M., Van Halen, Weezer, 311, The Shins, Postal Service, The Vines... anything along those lines is good.

I shouldn't be posting here.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
there are so many dumbass music threads.

never again should there be one.

the correct music is anything me, joe, or bronson like.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Oh my god I die inside a little bit every time I see most people's music collections. I also die inside when people see my music collection and tell me that they don't like bands such as Boston, Guns N' Roses, JOE SATRIANI/STEVE VAI/MALMSTEEN/, Journey, and Van Halen. Then they go listen to shit like My Chemical Romance...and Weezer...and whatever the fuck else is in these days.

I'm RIGHT.