• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I figure with everyone debating it, we might as well do it here. What are your opinions on the next gen consoles, and which are you planning on getting?

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I'll probably end up getting all of them. Here's what I think:

Xbox 360: So far, I'm reasonably impressed. The games look good, even though they're only at 33% of the power of the system at this point, so they'll look better come launch time. I'll end up getting Xbox Live with this, I'm sure, and we can all play Halo 3 together. I don't know about the whole selective-backward-compatability, though.

PS3: Enough's been said about the shitty controller, so I won't go there. Most of the footage shown so far hasn't been done in real-time, and Sony is probably bullshitting about the power of the system. Nevertheless, I will end up getting one for Final Fantasy, MGS4, and hopefully Ace Combat 6. Plus it's backwards compatible, which is a plus.

Revolution: Not much has been said about it, though I'll get one. I can still play my Gamecube games on it, and I'm sure Nintendo will come up with some good shit for it.

I'd say I prefer the Xbox 360 at this point, though my excitement for each one of them continuously fluctuates.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
If I had to get one, I'd get PS3 but mainly because SE has stated that will release FFXIII on it. Rumor is it will be $450+ but.. I doubt Sony would put a price on it that would negate people from buying it over Xbox. Sony has been smart with prices in the past, I'm sure they will put a price at or close to whatever the other consoles have. Oh well, I'm not really as much into consoles as I used to be, so it means very little to me.

Link182

The Assman
Nov 10, 2003
I voted Xbox 360, but I'll definitely get a PS3 as well. I might get a Revolution if Nintendo offer good games, but if they release games like the ones for the GCN, I won't bother.

Hyruler1

Nov 11, 2003
I'm most likely going to get all three eventually, mainly because they all have there own games that are only for the system, Xbox has Halo, PS has Final Fantasy and almost always gets the GTAs first, and Nin has Mario and Zelda. So their all pretty much even. (to me at least)

jr27430

:)
Nov 10, 2003
I'll get all three eventually too. :) But, I'll get Xbox 360 first because of Ghost Recon 3.

Last edited:

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I just realized that I didn't post in this. Anyway, I'll hopefully get all three systems. But I'm getting xbox360 for sure, entirely because of oblivion, and Revolution for sure because I love Nintendo.

D

Don Francisco

Yeah, I guess I didn't post in this, either.
Xbox 360: The Live functions are going to be cool. Oblivion is gonna rock.
PS3 - Square-Enix? Yes, please. The controller sucks. I want to see some games.
Revolution: Nintendo's probably going to have something that's going to make me want to buy it.
Overall I wasn't impressed. None of the games that have been shown have gotten me excited. None of the graphics made me oogle like I did when I saw Halo 2 for the first time. I can't really pick one to buy - I like Xbox for Live, PS3 for SE and RPGs in general, and Revolution for Nintendo's stuff. I don't know, I STILL think it's too early to tell.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
If I had to get one, I'd get PS3 but mainly because SE has stated that will release FFXIII on it. Rumor is it will be $450+ but.. I doubt Sony would put a price on it that would negate people from buying it over Xbox. Sony has been smart with prices in the past, I'm sure they will put a price at or close to whatever the other consoles have. Oh well, I'm not really as much into consoles as I used to be, so it means very little to me.

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor