OOT'S ANNIVERSARY

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
According to Mobius we are now at Ocarina of Time's 7 year anniversary since yesterday. I got it for Christmas.

I remember not knowing a thing about Zelda until that game came out, and I ran upstairs and put it in when I was done with the rest of my gifts. I had never seen a game where you could name your character and they would use it throughout the game- and when my mom saw it she was very surprised as well.

I can beat this game in less than a day now, but back then it was unlike anything I had ever seen.

I remember getting lost in Hyrule Field, and not finding my way back to the forest. When I was at Ganon, I was really nervous. Ever since then, I don't think I have ever come across a game that has been quite like this one.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I didn't get this one for christmas, I got it for my birthday. And while LoZ was my first and LttP is my favorite, OoT will always be one of my favorite 3D games ever. I remember when my friend got it the day it came out, he got the gold cartridge. Yeah, that was a sweet game. Probably my favorite final boss battle out of any game. I love the head stab at the end.

It'll be interesting to see if Twilight Princess can match it.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
But guys, if Twilight Princess hadn't been delayed it would be in my Gamecube right now and I would be lovin' the hell out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, I think they said so they can add more stuff - if you do everything in the game it's supposed to be 100 hours long.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I have more fond memories of Majora's Mask than Ocarina of Time.. I'm not sure why.